Shuttle America Mins., "I'm confused

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8br

I see on the latest post at aviationinterviews.com that shuttle america is doing some interviewing. My confusion lies here. According to there website, the pilot minimums are 2500tt and 800 multi. However a lucky individual with 1190 has an offer. It also says on their site that resume's recieved without the minimums will not be considered. Should I send mine anyway? Any one with shuttle have any insight. My times are 2325 and 600 multi, 100 turbine pic.

send it in!

Hi...
In my opinion, it NEVER hurts to send in a resume...and I know that SA has hired people with less than 2500, but it REALLY helps to have a LOR....
I'm wondering if maybe the mins, are more geared towards the captain upgrade?? I know that their captain upgrade times are 2500 and they are virtually UN CHANGABLE...
Anyway, send in a resume. I think they are a very good company.
Good luck.

3 things

I believe the high requirements is for the CA position. Their website is rather unclear and is obviously written by an HR type not a pilot. By the sounds of their website they seem to think they hire Ca's direct from the street.

Their pool is a big question at this time. I know they had a class that was going to start at the end of Oct. and got cancelled on a few days notice with no reschedule date(it was discussed on this board in another thread).

I know they are looking at lower time guys. I do not know how low or what their target range is butt they looked at my goodies on AEPS twice and I was only at 950TT or so when they looked. That was about 3 weeks ago though and I assume that the search was TT driven to some extent.

Hope this helps.

thanks all for your reply. I kinda thought those mins. might be geared towards capatains.

By all means, send it in.

As people are being hired with half the listed times, it seems to me that the mins on the site are trying to weed out the under-thousand-hour types.

As for the street-captain thing, they haven't run anyone through in that manner since April... Basically we NEEDED them back then, and don't now. If you have the 2500hr time, you might find a relatively quick upgrade but I don't think they want to hire anymore captains off the street... Purifying the seniority list and all, you know.

The new-hire class that was cancelled for October started this morning (had one of the newbies on my airplane yesterday), and there are hot rumors of ANOTHER one starting next month (why else would they be interviewing right now?).

Good luck to all who apply.

Thanks IP Freley,

Since you work there can you give me some basic info on the company? IE: pay scales, domiciles, upgrade, commutable from the midwest. Also is the online the best way to send resume or should snail mail.

Thanks in advance IPF

AV... I have some answers for you...

F/O pay is currently $22/hr to start. Don't know how it ramps up after that as I don't collect F/O pay here and never did. :)

Upgrades? Just around a year if you have the time, or so the story goes. You will need 2500hrs and that as a HARD number. No way to get around it, if I understand correctly, so that will lengthen your time to upgrade if you don't have it. (don't quote me on that last part)

Commutable from the Midwest? I guess it depends upon what you call the Midwest, but keep in mind the company base is in Ft. Wayne, IN. Most current flying is in and out of Pittsburgh, and I imagine most midwest cities of any appreciable size are served by mainline or an Express carrier.

Domiciles are currently Ft. Wayne, Pit, and Trenton, NJ. This has changed in recent months and is likely to change again (though hopefully it will only be adding new bases, not closing current ones, at least two of which are prob. permanent anyway), so don't base your decision on THAT.

Good luck on the interview, and be sure to read the other current threads about us, as there are a few. Some or all of them are likely to provide some useful info.

328 Dude...

...You bet. We all get to go through Pitt and Schlotzky's is the inevitable gathering point. I'm partial to the Thai Chicken mini-pizza. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back