Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Show of hands who got the SWA interview WITHOUT the Type...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

arjayeffo

Please only respond if you were invited to interview at Southwest without the type rating, or know someone who did. Anything else, start your own thread please.

Hi!

I know of 1 or 2 guys at our company that got the interview-not hired. We only have about 100 pilots, BUT, they got the interview 3-5 years ago.

cliff
GRB

Thanks everybody. Was there anything unique in getting the interview? Job Fair? Help from a pilot on the inside?

Thanks everybody. Was there anything unique in getting the interview? Job Fair? Help from a pilot on the inside?

I interviewed in May 2007 with no type rating and was offered a job. I had my stuff in for about a year. I did not attend a job fair or anything. I get the feeling that once interviews start up again that it will take awhile to get an interview without a type rating.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please only respond if you were invited to interview at Southwest without the type rating, or know someone who did. Anything else, start your own thread please.

Hi All,
I got an interview w/o type and letter back in Sept 2000. # friends of mine from my company back then got interviews w/o type and got job offers. I know another 3 guys since then than went out and bought types and got turned down. I don't know why they got turned down all great guys.... what I do know (coming straight from an SWA people Dept Hr persons mouth) is that the computer will pick people with a type rating every 2 weeks , those w/o the type get selected at a 2 month intervals.
Good luck everyone!

I interviewed w/o type, got hired, and just finished my IOE last week. According to Diane Morton who works in the People Dept., SWA is not changing their interview or hiring criteria. Having a type definitely helps you in getting an interview, but it is no guarantee of a job. Once you are in for an interview, everyone is on an even playing field. It's all about them liking you as a person.

Latest resources

Back