• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TIS

Wing, Nosewheel, Whatever
Okay, it's outta here

There. All gone now. Everyone happy?

Apparently I offended too many of the cry-babies.

TIS

Last edited:
So the purpose of this thread was to re-post what you believe to be a brilliant piece of writing on your behalf, so that the whole flightinfo community may be blessed with reading it??? LOL

Great post!! II

TIS's post was great the first time; it is better the second time. Trouble is it has too much reality. In addition, reality shows are the hot TV shows, so a reality thread on flightinfo should be hot stuff.

Perhaps you should go now

JohnDoe said:
So the purpose of this thread was to re-post what you believe to be a brilliant piece of writing on your behalf, so that the whole flightinfo community may be blessed with reading it??? LOL

No. You failed to read my brilliant piece! Just so we're clear, I re-posted it as a new thread at the request of others who found it interesting and insightful, as my writing always is. If you were half as brilliant as me you'd understand that like Rush Limbaugh, I am often forced to tie half my brain behind my back - just to make it fair.

My tongue is now back in the center of my mouth, where it belongs, instead of poking a hole through my cheek. Seriously, if you cannot add anything to the discussion you needn't utter so much as a word. That way no one will know that you're a complainer. No one likes a complainer you know. People judge you by the words you use, to quote a an oft heard radio commercial. The corollary is that people cannot judge you by words you DON'T use.

TIS

TIS said:
Mine was one of the replies and it has been suggested that I re-post it here.

Re-post:
Bad suggestion. A conversation with NYRangers should include NYRangers - - pulling one post out of that conversation and starting a new thread makes no sense.

Repeating it makes it no more or no less true or valid.

TIS (to JohnDoe) said:
Perhaps you should go now

Seriously, if you cannot add anything to the discussion you needn't utter so much as a word. That way no one will know that you're a complainer. No one likes a complainer you know.
This sounds a whole lot like "If you don't like it, quit."

Oh, the irony.

quote:
"That way no one will know that you're a complainer. No one likes a complainer you know. "

Complaining? Sorry, no complaining here. Apparently you failed to really read mine as well.....lol

I just find it extremely hilarious that somebody would take a post they wrote in another thread, and start an entirely new thread with it because it is so "insightful" that it deserves it's own place in flightinfo history. And to bring what somebody else wrote in that thread with it.......LOL

The other thread wasn't a good enough place for it??

Oh....I know....The "others" made you do it.....LOL Stop it, you're killing me...

TonyC...couldn't agree with you more.

Last edited:
Thread drift

Thread drift, I tell you thread drift is a serious problem on this board, perhaps TIS's thread was removed enough from the original thread that it deserved it own position. I posted a story on a B-17 crewmember a couple weeks ago and it turned into a discussion of Chem. Trails. Threads just do not get the respect they are due. It is a crime to hi-jack a thread?

pilotyip said:
It is a crime to hi-jack a thread?

Is that a statement that is improperly punctuated, or a question that is improperly worded?

I've been wondering lately, for those of you who haven't completed your college degree, or for those of you who have children who will be attending college in the future, what's the best college for BBQ?

I'm thinking that the candidate colleges should have at least one good BBQ joint within walking distance of campus, if not directly on or adjacent to the campus. Given the time constraints of a college schedule, and the nature of the college student's budget, long drives for decent BBQ are out of the question. Truly remarkable BBQ within a 20 or so minute drive might be acceptable for weekend outings, I suppose, but it would have to be very deserving.

OK, Ladies and Gents - - your candidates, please.

:) :D

TonyC said:
Is that a statement that is improperly punctuated, or a question that is improperly worded?

I've been wondering lately, for those of you who haven't completed your college degree, or for those of you who have children who will be attending college in the future, what's the best college for BBQ?

I'm thinking that the candidate colleges should have at least one good BBQ joint within walking distance of campus, if not directly on or adjacent to the campus. Given the time constraints of a college schedule, and the nature of the college student's budget, long drives for decent BBQ are out of the question. Truly remarkable BBQ within a 20 or so minute drive might be acceptable for weekend outings, I suppose, but it would have to be very deserving.

OK, Ladies and Gents - - your candidates, please.

:) :D
Alabama - Dreamland Barbecue.

Latest resources

Back