Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I Major in Commercial Aviation?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thurman Merman said:
If there are any current UNDers can you please tell me if you still get to say...."WWWAAAASSSSSAAAAAUUUUUU inbound"
peace.

"Sioux 69 take it to truckstop then 270 to wassau"

"Roger, direct to Big Sioux then WASSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUp!"

Absolutely! Major in something other than aviaion. Just do the minor in aviation thing and get an engineering, finance, hell even get your law degree. Just have something usefull to fall back on or even to do while you are on layovers.

While you are there, tell CLAU to get off his rear and learn how to fly a real airplane, the Cheyenne is old and tired! :p

Maybe the aviation major is a good idea, and maybe it isn't. The fact of the matter is that it was the only thing that I could maintain enough interest in to finish. I don't know if I'd recommend it, but it worked for me and I truly enjoyed that part of my schooling because it was something that I was genuinely interested in.

That being said, I think it would be a good idea to have some skills to fall back upon. Personally, I don't see myself ever working outside the industry, but it is possible that it wouldn't be a flying job. For that reason, I decided seek some non-aviation graduate training (an MBA). I'd like to fly if I can, but if I get furloughed or loose my medical, I'll still be able to work in the industry. Think about it: still around aviation, home every night, and enough $$ to buy an all glass glider for saturdays. Sure, it's a plan B, but it's a pretty cool one.

Anyway, I'm not recommending anything, I'm just saying what's working for me.

-Goose

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back