• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I leave for Spirit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spirit is going to try and put people in SJU that want to be there, hence the job fair there next month.

Kind of reminds me of my interview just last year. They liked pilots with an address in the DTW area. That didn't work out so well for a bunch of people. They want SJU people for now, but who knows about next week. Do not trust anything Spirit is telling you!

If you guys allow me,for those of the pilots who will be base in SJU,get out of SJU!!!!!
PR is a beautiful country,get together and discover the country side.great sceneries,good people,try the local food,horse riding,scuba diving and if you try to learn some spanish word you might even get laid.
Those who hate PR are those who never get out of SJU or never bother to learn the language.
But how the Mexican dare not to learn english!
ok...hide....

24 Capts and 24 FO's in SJU
8 & 8 in ACY and LGA

DTW reduced by another 24 & 24

In class today they told us 24 CA and 23 FO (like it makes a difference I know...) The bids will close on the 16th and will be published roughly 10 days later. So by the end of Feb we will know more.

SJU came up, since it is likely our class will be based there. However they expect that it will be filled with locals from SJU within a month or two. They have received over 100 applications from local pilots living in SJU, on top there are a few who are already on line and commute to SJU. I am sure (hope) the next classes will be filled with those guys.

I think SJU bottom 1/2 will go junior then eventually it will become stagnant, and slowly senior at least on the FO side.

While we are at it: Any crash pads in SJU? How about transportation to/from the field?

Actually I have another question: We had a chance to look over the current FLL bid packet. The only international overnight I saw out of FLL was SJU (which will be gone soon) and nothing else. Is that the only intl. overnight? I was a tiny bit disappointed.

Last edited:
Have you thought about JetBlue? Our minimums have recently changed to accommodate guys just like you (long time first officers without much PIC time)

Stay where you are at, go for QOL. Spirit is a bit shaky.

I agree unless you want to retire at spirit. Im sure you waited long enough at eagle and you will be a Captain at eagle before at Spirit. that is just a guess though.

I live in FLL and I am not interested in Spirit, wife worked there for a couple of years and she was always unhappy

What wife isnt allways unhappy? Spirit is not any different from any other Airline it has its problems just like every other Airline. you just have to figure out whats best for you. Do not let others do it for you make a decision and do not look back.

Latest resources

Back