should I go to Cathy Pacific ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell the whole story

"The CEO of Cathay once fired a captain he saw throwing peanuts in a bar. The capt. was off-duty, in civilian clothes, on his day off in Hong Kong."

What you fail to mention is that the Captain threw the peanuts AT the CEO. :cool:

And it wasn't just "a bar". It was the bar in the CP hotel; in other words, the CEO's hotel.

Was the Captain Australian by any chance.:D

Yes he was Aussie.
Pegasus, I make a mea culpa. I didn't know it was a CX hotel. However, have heard from friends at cathay the nuts were not thrown AT the CEO, they were just thrown in the air and some landed near him. Aussies having a good time.
PS- Richard Branson seized on the publicity opportunity and took the fired Captain on at Virgin! (Where peanut throwing is encouraged)
PPS- A southwest F/A hit me in the head with a bag of peanuts once...should she be fired???/ ;-)

A what?

A mea culpa?

I knew I should have studied Yugoslavian at comprehensive!

Well, I ended up at that bar once, and a freighter Captain who was there that particular night informed me that the peanuts were definitely aimed (in a loft attack style) at the CEO. It was his opinion (and he had no grudge to bear as a nuetral observer) that the Captain got what was coming to him in light of the antics of that aforementioned officer.

Just trying to level the playing field.;)

Yes, spelling mistake

Before you guys from pprune jump on me for my spelling, as you are prone to do on that worthy board,

Neutral :p

Beer bottle? Hmmm... reminds me of an incident involving one of the managers from Cathay and a CX First Officer. The FO was on the receiving end, and surprise, surprise, nothing happened to the manager. It happened near the 7-11 in Discovery Bay.

P.S. I would take anything a CX Cargo guy said with a grain of salt. There has been bad blood between the cargo side and the pax side ever since they split the freighters off and hired cheaper pilots off the street to fly them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back