Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I go to 737 recurrent ground before class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was wondering what the opinion is about going to the free 737 ground school that K and S offers, and I assume higher power, before attending Southwest's ground school. For those who don't know, once you get your type rating you can attend the ground school again for free. My question is should I do this because the ground teaches the 737-300 and I think SW teaches the 737-700. I am not sure there are a lot of differences but I don't want to be more confused than I normally am.

Not to bust your b*lls, but why would you want to do that? Do you not think SWA instructors are capable of teaching you? They have managed to get thousands before you through their program, and I'm sure if you pay attention in class, you shouldn't have any problems.
Don't make things harder than they need to be, enjoy the ride.

Xtwapilot

I would say NO. Enjoy your time with your Family before training. You will be training (gone) 4 + weeks with Southwest Airlines.

Yeah, I'll second these guys. You'd have to be crazy to think you need to go to a groundschool before groundschool in order to pass.

And PS. I hope to god you haven't asked this question to any of your buddies, let alone any Southwest pilots.

In all seriousness... Please try to have a life before you go to class, you will be very busy once you get to the school house. If you took your type ten years ago I would consider a refresher, but remember, nobody expects you to build the airplane at SWA. If you got your type within the last two years, just look at your manuals one afternoon. Maybe look at the electrical system long enough to remember what TR3 is. The training is very good at SWA and just about everyone else is in the same boat as you... Fresh type and no experience. The program is kind of tailored to that pilot. If you really want to study things that matter, get the PASS cards...

Good Luck and Welcome Aboard!

then drink lots of beer.......

I considered going to a refresher too. Typed 5 years ago and hadn't flown a plane greater than 1200# for ten months. Glad I did not do a refresher. Training is fast and furious, but the days of having to draw schematics and build the airplane are gone. If you can, do some prep when you get your materials in the mail. If you get a headstart on flows, limits, and systems review, you will have more play time in Dallas.

...thats what I'd do. Just read through your old manuals to get your feet wet. There are of course some differences from the HPA -200 class and the -700 in the books...but the basic logic and ideas are the same. I don't know from personal experience...YET...but my buddies have told me this.

I hope to be in those shoes after my 2nd interview next March-Aprilish.:beer:

Latest resources

Back