Should I be careful????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinplate

Im in a new hire class right now (only 2 weeks in) and I have another start date with another regional coming up. I emailed that I would not be able to make the start date that I already agreed to due to personal reasons and asked for another class date in Sept. or Oct. I did this only to have a backup. I got a reply from the company and they are asking me to tell them what the personal problem is. I definitely cant tell them I started somehwere else so it has to be a good lie (which I already have covered), could they find out that I have already started somewhere else only being 2 weeks into it???

If the two carriers are Skywest and ASA you better be honest. If they catch you in a story then you will be canned.
If you have to come up with an excuse then tell them it is a personal problem...hell it's personal.

You didn't listen to your mom. She was right, you know. No sympathy for dishonesty. Oh, the tangled webs we weave...

Halo_RJdriver said:
If the two carriers are Skywest and ASA you better be honest. If they catch you in a story then you will be canned.
If you have to come up with an excuse then tell them it is a personal problem...hell it's personal.

They have no ties whatsoever in that respect

Spinplate said:
Im in a new hire class right now (only 2 weeks in) and I have another start date with another regional coming up. I emailed that I would not be able to make the start date that I already agreed to due to personal reasons and asked for another class date in Sept. or Oct. I did this only to have a backup. I got a reply from the company and they are asking me to tell them what the personal problem is. I definitely cant tell them I started somehwere else so it has to be a good lie (which I already have covered), could they find out that I have already started somewhere else only being 2 weeks into it???

Decide which one you want to work for.

If its the one your already in training for then call the other and say "thanks but I have an offer from xxx" as pbrofessionaly as possible. If you want the one that offered you the class in 2 weeks then call them back and tell them you will be there.

Then go to the CP of the one your training for and as professionally as possible tell him/her that you have an offer from a company that you would rather work for and resign. Make sure you get documentation that you are resigning from training to go to another airline or else it could look like something else.

Its not personal, these things happen. Its better off being professional than trying to sneak around someones back. Having a class date while in training for another is just a recipe for problems. Besides if you really think your going to fail out, having a backup training date is the least of your problems.

If you think they have no ties in that respect then your dreaming. Skywest will accept honesty and give you all the respect for that but if your caught in a lie then You will be at great lakes chocking wheels if your lucky.

It sounds as if your holding the 2nd job out there in case something goes wrong with your first job so that leads me to three paths:

1- your worried about the financial stability of the first airline - you should go to the 2nd if the growth and stability look better (senority is everything but 2 weeks is nothing).
2- your worried about QOL and you think # 2 looks better - you should go to #2, the way this industry is now you may be there awhile.
3- (I think the real reason) Your worried that you might bust your training at the first airline and want #2 waiting in the wings for a 2nd chance - unfortunatly if you bust training @ #1, #2 will find out eithor because you tell them and then they wont hire you because you told them it was a "personal reason" or they'll hire you then fire you 1/2 way through training for not disclosing it when they find out on their own.

Last edited:
OnTheDole said:
It sounds as if your holding the 2nd job out there in case something goes wrong with your first job so that leads me to three paths:

1- your worried about the financial stability of the first airline - you should go to the 2nd if the growth and stability look better (senority is everything but 2 weeks is nothing).
2- your worried about QOL and you think # 2 looks better - you should go to #2, the way this industry is now you may be there awhile.
3- (I think the real reason) Your worried that you might bust your training at the first airline and want #2 waiting in the wings for a 2nd chance - unfortunatly if you bust training @ #1, #2 will find out eithor because you tell them and then they wont hire you because you told them it was a "personal reason" or they'll hire you then fire you 1/2 way through training for not disclosing it when they find out on there own.

nailed it in #3!! Im just going to tell them thanks but no thanks!

Latest resources

Back