Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shortest-lived startup that actually flew?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Family Airlines? That paint job rocks! Where did it end up? Love the routes in a 747 no less. Very fuel efficient LAX to LAS.

Family Airlines huh...theres one i will not be on...catering to families with "kids". That's just what i want, 300 screaming kids on board an airplane for any amount of time.

I also love their tug...they have thought ahead for when they don't make it...they can use it to bury the airplane and claim it on insurance to walk away with a bigger sum of cash.

Air 21 out of Nevada, flew Fokkers or Skybus out of Sanford FL flew 727s? Didn't Kiwi require its pilots to invest $100K and flew 727s, how long did they last? I think Air 21 was shortest lived!

I also love their tug...they have thought ahead for when they don't make it...they can use it to bury the airplane and claim it on insurance to walk away with a bigger sum of cash.

LOL....also can use it to bury some investors who come looking for their money back!

Yeah, Air 21 out of LAS... They flew a couple of F-28's to bustling places such as FAT (Fresno).

Of course, there was Eastwind Airlines out of Trenton, NJ aka as "The Bee Line." They had a few 732's and flew between TTN-GSO (why I don't know) and a few other places. They were only around for a few years (early 90's I think).

There was also a proposed start-up in SO CAL that wanted to fly LET turboprops. I can't remember the name of the airline though...

And there was Vanguard out of MCI. They managed to hang in there for a while and then ceased to exist no too long after 9/11.

Funny you mention Skybus there Chronic...they are trying to start up again out of Columbus, OH now. Their tag line promotes the "Ultra Low Cost Airline." How long do you think that one will last.

Ultrair out of Houston in the late '80's or early '90's. Flew 727's in a first class configuration.

Tahoe Air out of South Lake Tahoe. Had 737-200's. Flew recently (within the past five or six years) to LAX.

California Air Shuttle in '89. Flew Oxnard to San Jose and, I believe Sacramento with Metros.

Mid Pacific dba Reno Air Express. Flew J-32's out of San Jose as a feeder for Reno Air in 1994. Lasted six months.

Air LA (LAX) using Metros.

Mountain Air Express which flew DO-328's for Western Pacific out of Colorado Springs.

Tri Star which flew BAe 146's out of Las Vegas and Grand Canyon in 1995.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Any specific info on these would be entertaining.

GP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back