• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shipping cocaine bad career move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work very closely with a few state troopers in the area. Most of the narcotics that are recovered in transit in Ohio are inside tractor trailers. Lately they have been disguising the trailers as US Mail contract trailers (mail trailers are sealed), hoping the troopers won't open them up.

Well jeez, all the truck drivers have to do is abide by all of the speed limits and traffic regulations that are involved in driving a truck. That way, they don't attract the attention of the highway gestapo and get searched.

Same with flying a plane, don't do anything to attract the attention of the Federales and they won't bother you.

Filo, a police dog from the Kent Police Department, was led around the plane by his handler, Marty Gilliland. A police video showed Filo jumping and scratching the outside of the plane. Gilliland later explained Filo's excitement to fellow officers. "He said the plane was either full of steaks or cocaine," Dirker said.

I wonder if Filo was disappointed.

I didn't claim it, but I do have some experience interdicting drugs.

Do you have some particular knowledge that would disprove things I have to say? By all means blurt it out there, brightspark.

I've never claimed experience I don't have, nor have I ever claimed to be experienced at everything.

Most of the drugs I've seen in domestic transit have been in private vehicles, often in the trunk, more often than not under the spare tire or in the spare tire well. Larger shipments that filled the trunk, and often as not it's been in a car with a tail light or other stupid reason for getting caught, because the mule or carrier was too cheap to do something intelligent like fix the light, stop at the intersection, fix that busted sideview mirror, or keep in the speed limit.

I didn't claim it, but I do have some experience interdicting drugs.

As I was reading this thread and saw NW's post I didn't see anywhere that NW claimed to be an expert on drug smuggling either.

It just seems like you pick some people out and bully them around on this board.

Dirt

PS I think that's my first brightspark from you....I feel privileged.

NW Pilot has a long history of posting absolutely idiotic things, and acting accordingly, to say nothing of getting himself thrown off other boards for his behavior and lunacy. He tends to get what he deserves, which ultimately will be a burning wreck with his attitude, mentality, and actions. If he's smarten up and learn a little, it's not bullying...it might just save his life. Unfortunately, he's one that will probably go to his grave just to prove he can do it.

As for you, no more brightsparks until you work a little harder. It's all you get.

Is it still possible to fly into the US undetected? Or are most drugs smuggled in by boat? Seems like the obvious approach would be to transition up from the Bahamas or Mexico and drop the load in a remote region with a homing beacon or something like that. Anyone know how it's done these days?

Latest resources

Back