• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shipping cocaine bad career move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go fast boats are used in FL for drug and human traffic. Normally triple outboard 30' plus center consoles, they are constantly being stolen there.

Foot traffic across our overly porous and unsecure southern border is also a popular way.

I did some research... it looks like a very common way to go is to fly it up to the Bahamas from Columbia, head towards the US ADIZ and then drop the load to a go fast boat near Cay Sal bank, then do a 180 and head back. Pay is around 40k per trip for a pilot with no stake in the haul.

I did some research... it looks like a very common way to go is to fly it up to the Bahamas from Columbia, head towards the US ADIZ and then drop the load to a go fast boat near Cay Sal bank, then do a 180 and head back. Pay is around 40k per trip for a pilot with no stake in the haul.

Cool. any info on QOL, upgrade, interview gouge would be great. Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

Oh, what's the sked? Teamsters? Yes, i've lost my mind.....

who knows ,but you sure gave SOMEONE a good idea.

as if no one has thought of it before.:rolleyes:

not saying you are but it cracks me up when someone gets uppity about security on these message boards about FFDO or et al.

you self righteous idiots, if it makes it to a damn public forum, it is public information. it isn't a secret so quit acting like you have some special security clearance and get over yourselves!

I know someone who back in the past, did some drug flights, that were actually set up and arranged by DEA. Undercover guys somewhere would arrange and pay for the flight, the plane would go down south, get the load, then come back up with it. DEA wanted to know who was on the recieving end of those flights up here, and the people who showed up to get the drugs were arrested. The pilots on these flights were paid very very well, probably out of money that DEA had confiscated from drug busts.

Old Douglases were pretty cheap, and the profit from one drug run would pay for a douglas many times over, so often these airplanes were used once and just abandoned.

That same person mentioned about, used to also sell Douglas DC 4,6,7s, and often sold the same airplane more than once. He would sell it to someone, they would pay for it in cash, use it on a drug run and leave it in some field or on some airport. He would get a call about one of his planes being used in a drug run, he would end up having to prove that he sold it, because the buyer would of course never quite register it for that one time drug run. The guy would go back, pick up that plane, then put it for sale again.

Anecdotal

From another thread.

Once heard a story about WD from the now defunct Airman in OUN.

Allegedly, him and another pilot flew down to some Latin American country and flew back to OUN. Somehow they landed gear-up and needed to be transported to the hospital. The next day the FAA/NTSB came around to look into the accident and found that there were bundles of cocaine stuffed within the airframe. Both were placed under arrest, but eventually the charges were dropped as the FAA/NTSB hadn't arrived immediately to the scene, and so it was considered legally "plausible" that the plane being left unattended could have had someone plant the drugs.

I call that pretty lucky.

I wouldn't even get involved if it was for the government, on a sting. Not saying I don't trust their principles, more like I don't trust them to not screw it up and land my a$$ in the slammer somehow. Either that or during the sting, it would come out you were part of the bust and you would be marked by the bad guys for a surprise visit one day months later.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back