Shared Time Building

polysciguy9

Total Time
<40hrs
I recently found an FBO that advertises 50 hours of C-150 time building for $700 (dry). In their add they mention pairing you up with another pilot. How exactly does this work? I'm assuming one person serves as a safety pilot. Does that mean the other pilot has to be under the hood? Can two pilots each with a PPL both receive PIC time if one is serving as a safety pilot? I know that's how it's done in the multi time building program. Just curious how this works - sounds like a good way to build time (except for the fact that half your time will be spent not flying the aircraft). What do you guys think?

gkrangers

college = debt
Total Time
some
One pilot flys under the hood. The other acts as a safety pilot.

Both can LOG PIC...

Dr Pokenhiemer

Total Time
9000+
For people willing to pay for building multi-time, I ran across a guy last week who flies a twin commanche for an oil company. They fly pipeline patrols and off-shore oil rig recons in the gulf. They "charge" you $40/hour to fly with one of the fulltime pilots. You can buy 100 hours for $35/hour. Check it out on multiengine.net if interested. Personally, I don't agree with this practice of charging people to work for you, but it could help the right person out in a pinch.