• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shameless CAL Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I know CAL doesn't upgrade non-revs to 1st class on international routes. I believe they have some rule about that.

There are so many gold and platinum members out there first is usually full 2 days before a flight.

While its a nice gesture to offer to those who work for the airlines to upgrade, those passengers that are dedicated to the airline and achieve status should be given the first shot.

Just curious, were does CAL seat their IRO's?

The pilots get a "BusinessFirst" seat for crew rest, unless the front cabin sells out. In that case, the rest seat is a row of coach seats (the coach seat downgrade was part of Contract 02 concessions)

As far as I know CAL doesn't upgrade non-revs to 1st class on international routes. I believe they have some rule about that.

CAL technically doesn't have an international first class but has a business class product called "BusinessFirst" All non-revs can upgrade on international flights, except buddy pass riders.

There are so many gold and platinum members out there first is usually full 2 days before a flight.

This is true for domestic F/C, not Int'l B/F.

While its a nice gesture to offer to those who work for the airlines to upgrade, those passengers that are dedicated to the airline and achieve status should be given the first shot.

They can upgrade to Int'l B/F if they burn miles and pay a fee. In this case they go ahead of non-revs. There are no "complimentary" B/F upgrades on Int'l flights like you see domestically.

Not true. I CAL until recently did not upgrade OnePass members to BF on Int'l flights. Non-revs (SA 3's and 4's) have always been able to upgrade internationally.

Your friend is SOL. I've never ridden in BF and I work here.

Not true. I CAL until recently did not upgrade OnePass members to BF on Int'l flights. Non-revs (SA 3's and 4's) have always been able to upgrade internationally.
Not true. OnePass Elite members are NOT complimentary upgraded on US-Europe/Asia/South America/Hawaii BF flights.

Latest resources

Back