Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capthuff

A Pirate past 40
You know the story - Yeh, I've been to San Fran... never left the airport though.
So next week I've got a 4 nighter there. I'm staying @ Hilton Fishermans Wharf w/ car. Is Alcatraz really that cool or is it just a pile of bricks? Any outstanding Golf?? Quick overnite to Hawaii? Other cool stuff to do?

Thanks for the input

Capthuff said:
You know the story - Yeh, I've been to San Fran... never left the airport though.
So next week I've got a 4 nighter there. I'm staying @ Hilton Fishermans Wharf w/ car. Is Alcatraz really that cool or is it just a pile of bricks? Any outstanding Golf?? Quick overnite to Hawaii? Other cool stuff to do?

Thanks for the input

I'd say the Alcatraz is worth it. Watch out for the Bushman near the Warf.

SiuDude said:
I'd say the Alcatraz is worth it. Watch out for the Bushman near the Warf.

That Bushman guy is some funny stuff. I heard he's been doing that act like 15 years or something.

Go to Napa for a nice meal and some good wine. Seemed like a 45 minute drive.

dojetdriver said:
That Bushman guy is some funny stuff. I heard he's been doing that act like 15 years or something.

25 years. He was arrested for several misdemeanors recently (disorderly conduct and b.s. like that) but he was acquitted in a jury trial.

that guy is pretty funny...

Alcatraz is worth it. Maybe go across the bridge for lunch, head up to Muir Woods, or a trip to Napa (not on the weekend)...I find Marin county beautiful.

All in all, the area around Fishermans Wharf IS NOT the place to be.

Latest resources

Back