• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Setting up a Flight Department

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me play devil's advocate for a moment here. If I'm the principle owner of an airplane and my pilot sits home on his a$$ for three weeks at a time and I'm paying him a good salary, I MIGHT just expect a little extra too.

On the other hand, if they fly that little, I don't think they have any business employing a full-time pilot. A contract guy seems sufficient.

Waxing the 38 foot Fishing Boat, Cleaning Gutters at the office, installing sprinkler systems at the other business, putting together about ten suites worth of office furniture and changing light bulbs etc.. just to name a few things is not why I became a pilot. And your right they really should go the contract route which I highly recomended to him when I left but he has to have a pilot at his beck and call 24/7. From what I've heard the guy who replaced me is already sick of the BS and looking for something else and hes been there less than 3 months. Oh and by the way the pay was in the low thirties for for a King Air 200 so you can hopefully figure out why I left at this point.

Office work or other activities should not be a part of a professional pilot's duties. Once you agree to the extra work it will become expected. Set the job up right in the beginning and stick to your guns.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back