september 11th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"ME, a NAZI RACIST? you fool ! I hate everyone the same amount !!!!!!"

For the time, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree as the saying goes ... gotta say, I commend your honesty, though.

It really is amazing it took almost 3 days before this thread sunk to a flamefest.

:rolleyes:Let me guess polysci...you never served in the military? If you did, you should be ashamed of yourself! 9-11 was an attack on our GREAT NATION! If you don't see that, well then I would go get your money back for your "lofty" education!
I don't want genocide, but when they are breeding little terrorists and shown on tv laughing at our tragic day, all I can say is .....WHERES THE BUTTON!!
Make the middle East into one HUGE piece of GLASS!!

Not that those idiots over there are that freakin smart anyway-but try to hitus right in the middle of this hurricane aftermath? Fear-NO! Demoralize-NO! Galvanize-YES Enrage-CERTAINLY!

OK I'll get off the soap box now and put down the beer,and then another one, and then...

No Tomct, I'm not in the military - but I come from a military family, and though this may shock you, they each feel the same way I do. There's a difference between dying for something and dying for nothing. Just because you go around saying that you're fighting "to defend America's liberty" doesn't make it so. Before you try to categorize me, I have the utmost respect for the military, and wanted nothing more than to join the AF myself (couldn't for medical reasons). But I think the brave men and women in our military have a corrupt leader that is sending them to the slaughter for the wrong reasons. I feel awful for the men and women who enlisted to fight terrorism (something I believe is a noble cause - hell, I was glad we carpet bombed Afghanistan) and were sent to Iraq. My education doesn't make me any better than anyone else, but I can read a book. And anyone who knowns anything about politics and sociology in the middle east, knows that attcking Iraq only gave birth to more terrorists. But if you believe that Iraq is a cause worth dying for, I won't stop you. God speed my brave but naive friend.

Last edited:
pookie said:
Convair,

I dont speak for polsci but you sound like a racisct, fascist, ignorant idiot. We study history so that we dont make mistakes from the past. YOu must have gone to school in the south where there is no diversity and thus, your knowledge about other people is limited.

I dont blame you, i blame your parents.

you had better pray I don't find out who you are.

Ok I have been holding this in for a while but I'll say it now. I don't believe the hype. I think the whole terrorist threat is overblown. There I said it. 9/11 tragic don't want to see it again but if another one happens hey sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Sure I'll stay vigilant... whatever that means... look for bombs on the preflight... suspicious passengers (what does that mean?) Lets say Saudi Arabian... Now lets say a guy boards the plane with a Saudi passport... guess what. We go. If the guy has some cell phone bomb then we are dead by the time the flight attendant notices etc... the call is made and we die. Or gasp he goes to the jon and then uses the cell phone... kablam!

Or maybe I'll make sure on my drive to work no one has a SAM hanging out the window of his car... But lets say he does. By the time I get local authorities out there the missile is gone. I suppose I could take it out myself but they would shoot me and then missile away.

Or should I be watching for lasers. If I'm in a movie and a guy puts a laser on the screen is he prepping for a pilot blinding laser attack? What is the movie is airplane.

The emotional part of me wants to get tied up in every American cause but I'm worn out. The rational side is taking over. Bring it on Osama, McVey, Malvo, Katrina, Schivo, Aruba... there are a lot of things out there that can kill me I'll take my chances.

What Im about to say may sound harse, so let me just say that I do feel sorry for those that lost something in the 911 event. However, the terrorists wanted it to disrupt our country, for it to never be the same, etc. That is what we are doing. Think of the people who lost their lives in WW1 & WW2. Think of the people that we are killing everyday in Iraq. Think of the people who are dieing here everyday. And most importantly think of the people who lost everything last week. The Gulf coast saw more damage, destruction, and probably my lives taken than the terrorists in 911 ever thought of.

So what is the difference? Profiling for lack of a better word. 911 killed business class white americans for the most part. Iraq is killing "the people who did it to us", the hurricain is killing the povery who couldnt leave because they had no money.

As for security in airports. It sucks! As airline pilots (regional, major, whatever) we are all aware of the fact that any of us could get a bomb through security without trying very hard at all. If we arnt aware of that we are gulible or stupid or both. The aircraft crews are the only security in my opinion. Half of the people working security wouldnt notice the word BOMB coming up on their xray screen.

Again, Im not saying I think 911 was right. Im not saying we should forget it ever happened. Im simpily saying that worse things have happened before and after it. We just need to do everything in our power to stop it from happening again.

Latest resources

Back