Sennheiser HMEC25-KAS or HMEC46-BV-K?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mvedepo

I am looking to replace my old broken down, Gorilla Glued Telex 750's. I have done quite a bit of research and I have narrowed it down to these to models, the Sennheiser HMEC25-KAS or HMEC46-BV-K. Unfortunately, since the HMEC46-BV-K is so new I can't find any reviews on it If anyone has any insight for it I would like to hear it. It seems the design is very similar to the HME-45-KA with the addition of ANR, stereo, and a input jack for mp3 players....not that I would ever use that. :rolleyes: As for the environment that I will be using them in is a modded 747-400. The bad thing is this modded version is louder then the classic is, so I really want ANR but I do not want the bulk of the Bose. So any feedback from someone with experience with either of these headsets would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I can't remember the difference .. get the one with independent volume controls for each ear

They both have dual volume controls. The HMEC46-BV-K is newer and costs less. It seems to have some nice features like inline battery pack and an aux input. However, it has the foam "rest on ear" ear pieces where as the HMEC25-KAS has more of a "donut" ear piece which is what I am used to. I am pretty sure I would like the ear piece on the HMEC25-KAS more but for the other features I like the HMEC46-BV-K. Does anyone know if you can change the foam on the 46?

Here they are:
HMEC25-KAS
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=USHMEC25-KAS

HMEC46-BV-K
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500477

I've been very happy with the 45's on the 737-800...the on ear pads are very comfy. I just had to send them to Sennhieser becasue they started picking up the window heat as a rapid beeping...haven't heard back as of yet. I miss them.

Unit

I would only suggest the 25's if you also need passive noise reduction. I like that for any pressurization squeals, piston aircraft, or when I forget to recharge my batteries. I use them in the P180 (a bit of overkill) and in the CRJ which was about right. There is a fair amount of clamping pressure for the passive system so you will have to play around to make them fit right. The Sennheiser ANR system is great with not too much power draw. One nice feature of the 25's is the one earpiece rotates back off the ear if you are talking with someone off the intercom.

Latest resources

Back