Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freeflyer14

Where's that reserve?
I have decided to upgrade from my DC 13.4's to something anr. Am looking for suggestions. I mostly fly piston singles and twins, and occasionally a king air. Does anyone have experience with the sennheiser hmec25's in piston aircraft? Or are they mainly for use in jets/turboprops? I have read all the threads on them but no one has ever mentioned using them in piston aircraft. I have had good experience with the lightspeed 25 when I used them (only a few times) but have heard of too many reliability issues. The DC's are not comfy enough (clamping) so the DC anr models are out. And the 6oz the hmec 25s weigh would be great after a long day instructing. Any info is appreciated.

The HMEC 25KAs are very good in the King Air. I use them personally. I'm not sure how good they are in Pistons. They are a great headset, very comfortable.

I have a pair of HMEC 25KAs that I use in a PC12 and I'm very happy with them. Very comfortable on long flights and the active noise canceling works very well. If I had a complaint it would be the number of hours I get from a set of batts. I'd buy another set in a minute.

pistons?

Thanks for the replies. Either of you ever used them in a piston single or twin? Anyone else? I think I am going to go ahead and get them and if they turn out to be too loud then trade em back for the Sennheiser 400's.

FWIW i used the lightspeed 30K in pistons, turboprops, and a jet. it is by far the most comfortable headset i've ever worn. the noise reduction was outstanding in all three aircraft. i never had a single problem with the headset in demanding regional airline operations. i've heard the complaints about reliability but i never had a problem. even the bose for all they cost have their reliablility complaints. great batter life also. i switched only because of space concerns in the cockpit and my flight bag.

Latest resources

Back