• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seneca Known Icing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow everyone has to tell you how to fly rather than answer the question you asked about know icing for the seneca.........
Wow, thanks for your contribution too, very observant.:laugh:

When someone asks "how do I hang myself," the proper answer is to talk them out of it, not to tell them how to tie the knot.

Blur said:
I'm looking into known ice certification on a Piper Seneca I. I'm curious if anyone knows if the aircraft was certified for flight into known icing conditions (if properly equipped of course). I know the II's and beyond are certified but cannont find any information on the I.

I've also been looking into the possibility of an STC for known icing in the I if it is not certified by Piper. No luck thus far.

If anyone can provide information I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Shawn

I'm not aware of any K-Ice Seneca Is, and ONLY the manufacturer can certify. You can hang all the equipment you want on it, but it will never be certified if it wasn't at the time of manufacture.

Last edited:
There is one for rent in VNY its a I with all the boots, hot props, and all that stuff. Im not sure if its cert tho, I will take a look next time I go fly it.

Latest resources

Back