Seneca IV environmental switches

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WMUchickenhawk

Does anybody know which switches are loacated on each of the gear for the Seneca IV? I need to know where the environmental switches are and how many switches are on each gear.
IIRC the nose gear just has the up/down limit switch, but I can't recall what each of the main gear have. I've looked in the Information Manual published by Piper and the Seneca packet given to me by Western, but I can't find it.

On the Seneca -200 models I've flown, its like this:

nose: up + down (and they are not easy to see).
main left: up + down + squat
main right: up + down

I just got hired as an MEI at WMU.....getting standardized in the Seneca this week.

The environmental switches are on the right main gear (Janitrol blower and condenser scoop). The left main has the gear motor quat switch and a switch for the stall horn. That's four total so far. The nose has the landing light squat switch. Each leg has an up and down limit switch, that's 11 so far. Then there is the pressure switch that keeps the pump off, and two throttle switches...that's 14. There is a fifteenth.....that one escapes me so far.

Just remember that the left engine is critical because of the air conditioner... according to one of the former "Lead instructors" there. Oh yea and TM and RB are god and know it all...:laugh: After all they have their initials on the new Cirus tails (along with the rest of mgmt). Can you say serious ego issues at the BTL these days. They are training you well for life at the airlines.

Latest resources

Back