Sending out Resumes online

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JP1

Does anyone know how to send a resume and have it open properly on the other end? It seems as though the settings I save my resume under don't seem to coincide with the user's Wordpad settings on the other end and the layout ends up "jumbled"......probably due to my lack of experience with this method of resume delivery, but does anyone have an idea as to what is going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

WordPad has a bug and always has through the years in every version of windows. Reformat it in Word and you shouldn't have a problem.

RT

Don't use word pad, use and save as a word doc.

Assuming you have Microsoft Word installed on your computer of course.

If you are sending resumes through a companies system, I would strongly recommend using their format. Yes, you might have to re-type for different companies, but if it makes you resume come across in a format easily read by the reader, then it won't end up in a HR trash bin.

If you don't have a computer with Word, it might be time to go buy the software and install if you will be in "resume" mode for a while.

Good luck.

sorry rumble, we must have post at the same time.....

Consider buying Adobe Acrobat and convert your Resume to PDF format...

PDF format is great because anyone can open it (the reader is free) and it will look EXACTLY the same on everyones computer AND it will Print EXACTLY the same as it looks!

I have found that "Word" is a pretty good format.

I have never heard of it not making it or being jumbled.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back