• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
Hello all,

I was reading a recent Time magazine and there was a brutal photo essay on some of our recent casualties of war. Today another ten Marines were killed in one ied attack alone. I know that there is nothing we can do to increase the safety over there, but we can make a small gesture to improve their quality of life and make sure our fighting men and women know we have them in our thoughts. I found an organization in my state that prepares care packages and sends them to our warriors every week.

Take five minutes this weekend and find a similiar support network and then pony up $20 to make someone's day a little better. And while your at it, stop b1tching about the little things. If you think that our problems are not little, turn to page 45 in the Nov. 21 edition of Time and gain some perspective.

Amen brother.

Sometimes I think the public forgets that we have men and women fighting day to day battles over there. Everyone knows there is a war, and everyone talks about "the Administration" or about the war in political terms.

But, I absolutely do not see a "support the troops" type mentality that we all saw just two years ago. The public has gotten tired of this war, and doesn't seem to care about it anymore on the human level.

It may not be an accurate indicator of anything, but on my street right now there are only two American flags out (mine included). Two years ago, there were about 12 (out of 16 houses).

Last edited:
I lost four fellow Marines and good friends to a single IED and another one in a firefight. The real tragedy is with their families. One left a wife and two young children and another left a wife and unborn child. We need to be remembering and supporting them during these times. Thank a veteran, but just as important, thank their families. We all need to do whatever it is to help them, especially the children.

God bless my friends Staff Sergeant Chad Simon, Corporal Bobby Warns, Lance Corporal Branden Ramey, Lance Corporal Shane O'Donnell, Private First Class Ryan Cantafio and all our other fallen heroes.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John, xiii.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back