Senators Leave DC on a Corporate Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TMMT

This caught my eye on the WP website, I can think of several words to describe them but most would likely get me banned so I’ll just stick with “hypocrite”… and folks wonder why I hate ALL politicians regardless of political affiliation.

I think they’re all the scourge of the earth, the lowest form of bottom feeding life on the food chain.

Senate Democrats Leave on a Corporate Jet Plane

By Thomas B. Edsall

Washington Post Staff Writer

Saturday, July 13, 2002; Page A05

Right after voting yesterday morning to limit debate on legislation clamping down on corporate abuses, 16 Democratic senators flew on corporate jets from Washington to Nantucket, Mass., for a weekend retreat with 250 major campaign donors.

The Democratic senators attending the Nantucket retreat are DSCC chairman Patty Murray (Wash.), Senate Majority Leader Thomas A. Daschle (S.D.), Bill Nelson (Fla.), Daniel K. Akaka (Hawaii), Evan Bayh (Ind.), Joseph R. Biden Jr. (Del.), Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), Jon S. Corzine (N.J.), Byron L. Dorgan (N.D.), Richard J. Durbin (Ill.), Edward M. Kennedy (Mass.), John F. Kerry (Mass.), Blanche Lincoln (Ark.), Ben Nelson (Neb.), Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.) and Ron Wyden (Ore.).

A small number of senators flew commercially, but Ravitz-Meehan said she did not know which ones.

Sort of blows holes in that Dem scam of calling the Republicans the party of the rich, doesn't it?

I wonder how many of those senators received campaign contributions from members of corporate boards like Arthur Anderson, Enron and Tyco?

Maybe they wanted to party on the yacht off Nantucket with the Tyco CEO?

It’s depressing ain’t it…

The Dems are soulless
The Repubs are spineless
And the Libertarians are hopeless

Maybe we should bring back the Federalists

TMMT
:(

Did they fly out of DCA?

Just curious whether anyone knows if they flew out of DCA? I haven't heard anything about it lately, but AOPA and NBAA have been hammering away at the FAA and TSA to let GA back into DCA, to no avail.

If so, that would the ULTIMATE in hypocrisy (and I'm a staunch Independent - have voted for some Dems and some Reps, and even a few others)!!!!

Fly safe!!!

Business aviation is trying to regain access to DCA -- this trip may be part of that effort. Operators of corporate aircraft also purchase millions of dollars' worth of airline tickets, as well as employ hundreds of pilots. With the numbers of furloughed airline pilots popping up on the National Business Aviation Association's "Jobs" bulletin board announcing their sudden interest in corporate flying jobs, perhaps we should not be so quick to point accusing fingers at another sector of our own (aviation) industry.

RJ

The NBAA’s efforts to restore bizav service to DCA must be commended, but I really want to know who wants it reopened? All the guys and gals I know and work with have not and will not shed a tear over the closure of Disneyland on the Potomac to GA aircraft.

I can think of many airports I really wouldn’t mind If I never visited again, some are even outright dangerous but DCA has its own special flare, not to mention I just don’t care for DC at all, would rather be layed over in Kabul or some such gutter.

Ever tried getting out of that place on a Monday afternoon around 4 or 5 pm? Toss in some weather and slow fuel service and boy… you aren’t going anywhere real fast.

TMMT

Latest resources

Back