• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senate passes pension reform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pop retired from NWA in 1999 after 31 years.

If Bush vetoes it, NWA will turn over the frozen fund to the PBGC.

He's currently making close to 6 figures in retirement. The new number would be like 36,000.

Most of his 401k is still intact, but the point is: that pension was part of his compensation, as bargained for in some of the most contentious labor negotiations in the industry. He was there (red tail) in the seventies, back when they were the "Cobra Airline."

Anyway - maybe GWB will sign it. I think his opposition came from AA in Dallas....

Best wishes from retirees

737 Pylt said:
... the active pilots should be pi$$ed off! What did we get in exchange for this?

$650 million, plus some dubious management promises. They're coming after your health care next.

If you're saying that that that those who ratified the TA may have shafted themselves even worse than they shafted the retirees and furloughed pilots, I guess it's a matter of perspective. We didn't get to vote on it, or even discuss it on the DALPA forum, having been banned by the MEC.

Nevertheless, we sincerely hope that in future contracts you guys recover at least some of the huge concessions you made. I'm afraid it will take a long time. Best wishes. :)

tomgoodman said:
$650 million, plus some dubious management promises. They're coming after your health care next.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!

If you're saying that that that those who ratified the TA may have shafted themselves even worse than they shafted the retirees and furloughed pilots, I guess it's a matter of perspective. We didn't get to vote on it, or even discuss it on the DALPA forum, having been banned by the MEC.
Our furloughees didn't get a vote either. Their contractural rights of recall were voted away, how do you think they feel? I think they are the hardest group hit in all this mess. Why do you think you retirees were banned from the DALPA forum.....They (MEC) knew the sh*t storm it would have created!

Nevertheless, we sincerely hope that in future contracts you guys recover at least some of the huge concessions you made. I'm afraid it will take a long time. Best wishes. :)
I'm afraid work rules and scope are lost forever....So be it! You can't dwell on it or it will make you sick. But I hope you're right.
VOTED NO!

Huck said:
Pop retired from NWA in 1999 after 31 years.

If Bush vetoes it, NWA will turn over the frozen fund to the PBGC.

He's currently making close to 6 figures in retirement. The new number would be like 36,000.

Most of his 401k is still intact, but the point is: that pension was part of his compensation, as bargained for in some of the most contentious labor negotiations in the industry. He was there (red tail) in the seventies, back when they were the "Cobra Airline."

Anyway - maybe GWB will sign it. I think his opposition came from AA in Dallas....

I agree, his pension was part of his benefit plan. But it would be the BK that would kill his check, not the bill. The bill should protect the pensions that are out there from being dumped, I thought.

Anyway, I agree. THAT SUCKS! I have a military buddy tell me a couple weeks ago that all pensions should be dumped and no workers should expect something for nothing. That the 401k is the only thing we all should have from our employers. I almost smacked him mid-sentence! Just the day before he said he can't wait till he gets his twenty in 3 more years. So I told him since all pensions are outdated, and everyone is pulling out, maybe we as taxpayers should pull out too since he is getting his twenty for the military pension and beni's.

Some people:mad: they can just piss me off.

I hope it all works out for your dad.

shooter said:
I agree, his pension was part of his benefit plan. But it would be the BK that would kill his check, not the bill. The bill should protect the pensions that are out there from being dumped, I thought.

Anyway, I agree. THAT SUCKS! I have a military buddy tell me a couple weeks ago that all pensions should be dumped and no workers should expect something for nothing. That the 401k is the only thing we all should have from our employers. I almost smacked him mid-sentence! Just the day before he said he can't wait till he gets his twenty in 3 more years. So I told him since all pensions are outdated, and everyone is pulling out, maybe we as taxpayers should pull out too since he is getting his twenty for the military pension and beni's.

Some people:mad: they can just piss me off.

I hope it all works out for your dad.

And the largest scam is Social Security. Civil/Mil/Farmers/Teachers, do not pay into SS, but when they retire, get their pensions, they go get a job in the private sector for 3 years, and then get full bennies ???? The same bennies that people like me payed into my whole life. Oh, and my tax money they lived off.

Latest resources

Back