Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vladimir Lenin said:
No. Why don't you?
How do you know I wasn't there? You don't.

It just so happens that I wasn't. I volunteered several times, but was denied each time. My unit needed to keep their numbers up in case we got the call. I would go in a second. I am now out of the Corps and selected to fly KC135s with the Guard. I have decided that if my old unit gets called up, I will give up my slot to go along side them. It's called Esprit de Corps. I won't take time to explain that to you.

Edited to add:

I would also go for the same plain and simple fact that my father went to Vietnam. Not because he believed, or even disagreed with the cause, but because his brothers, friends and his fellow Americans were over there fighting and dying, and they needed him. So he went. Thank God there are men and women like that around today, and not more like you.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that The Man is overextending the guard in Iraq, and risking thinning out our resources to a minimum overthere, while penny patriots like yourselves are denied the chance to serve:rolleyes:

go get a bigger "Terrorist Hunting Permit" cliche sticker for your F-150 and thank your lucky stars you're not in Tikrit

Vlad,
It seems that the communist moto has stayed with you throughout all of these years. I am sure that Marinegrunt is one of the finest people that you could ever know, and from now on i will consider anything you say as not important, as it is coming from a commy.

Vlad,

I have a wonderful suggestion for you. From your "profile", you list your current position as "Russian Roulette". Why don't you insert several more rounds into the cylinder. That way, you will have a chance to win the grand prize a little sooner.

I think it's time just to ignore him and get this thread back on track.

Happy Birthday Marines!!!

I agree. Why let a commie hijack this day!

Chesty Puller will live forever!

Happy Birthday, Marines.

We of the Air Force (ok, retired...) salute you for 228 years of service, honor and sacrifice.

There are only 2 types of people in the world : Those who are Marines and all the rest who wish they could be.

SEMPER FI & HAPPY B-DAY
Good Night Chesty where ever you are!

Parris Island Class of 1989 (Summer Semester!!!);)

Last edited:
I never served, but if the call came I would be glad to go. Thanks for all you guys do, and happy birthday.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back