Seeking the answer, here, on FlightInfo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tarzan

Got a call from my brother in law about a possible National Guard recruit. this kid wants to get into the "Hollow Aluminum Tube" business. However, this young fella has two count of Involuntary Vehicular Manslaughter. Fairly serious counts for a 17 year old. Any ideas on how this will affect the guy entering the regional business.

I had believed that if he had stayed out trouble and could account for these. He would probably be okay. But these charges are the result of some sort of significant recklessness.

Any ideas?

Those are indeed serious counts. From the sounds of it, I'm assuming he didn't do any time. Probation or suspended sentence or something?

His only hope might be to petition the court to have the record expunged after he turns 21 on the grounds that the crime was committed a juvenile, he served his time or community service or whatever, and now it hinders his ability as an adult to get gainful employment.

He has no chance, even expunged things will show up on your record, and something that serious I dont think they would be willing to overlook. After all he killed people with a car, an airplane can go much faster.

Got a call from my brother in law about a possible National Guard recruit. this kid wants to get into the "Hollow Aluminum Tube" business. However, this young fella has two count of Involuntary Vehicular Manslaughter. Fairly serious counts for a 17 year old. Any ideas on how this will affect the guy entering the regional business.

I had believed that if he had stayed out trouble and could account for these. He would probably be okay. But these charges are the result of some sort of significant recklessness.

Any ideas?

Two separate incidents, or two counts at the same time? It matters.

Same incident.

I get the impression from the charges and verdicts is that generally these are negligence related.

Most likely with time (he keeps squeaky clean from now on), proper disclosure and honesty, he will be employable.

Why would someone hire this person over someone who has identical credentials but has never killed anyone with their car?

Why would someone hire this person over someone who has identical credentials but has never killed anyone with their car?

Because no one can fill classes as it is. If it was a "mistake" (not to make light of it), people do give people second chances sometimes.

Latest resources

Back