Security

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

alimaui

Here is a question. I would prefer not to have speculation, but if that is all that is available, so be it.

If my name happens to be Ali Sue Smith (name changed to protect the innocent), then can i get away with using an ticket that says Sue Smith?

I am supposed to be travelling this weekend and realized that the ticket still retains the old ticket holders name. Now, obviously this name is also my name, but are there any technicalities exploited with first and middle names?

Thanks, Ali

Last edited:
- I think common sense would illustrate that IF it was NOT your ticket and wasn't purchased or intended for YOU then I would say that you will need to get the ticket changed to "your" name as it appears on your photo ID or drivers license, passport, etc..... Some airlines vary however as a former DAL agent I wouldn't accept the ticket if u showed up and "attempted" to use it, most airlines can make changes for a fee-

but is there any technicalities exploited with first and middle names?

really all depends on method of payment, and what was input into the computer system at the time the ticket was purchased-

Ali could either be a first or middle name- the way you have stated means that the agent will be looking at your ID and WILL want to see that Ali is on both as stated on the ticket - I would reccomend you PAY the change fee-

C H E E R S

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back