Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luv2fly

SWA FO
I know this has been discussed before, but does anyone know of a roper that will not set off the metal detectors at the airports? Make? Model?

Thanks

My Justins don't set off bells, keep my feet warm in the winter, and have a slip resistant heel perfect for those *&* 0300 preflights. I highly recommend them...

If you want to go the cheap way, take them - brand new - to a decent shoe repair place. Have them separate the heel from the sole, pull the steel shank from the boots and put a fiberglass shank in. Cost me $20. Never once set off the magnetometer.

Dont know much about ropers but....

...as far as football goes, The Aggie football team is a good one to root for!!!!!! :)

JUSTIN MODEL 3170

Justin Model 3170 is the one you're looking for.

Vibram sole so the de/anti-ice fluid doesn't eat thru or cause you to go skating across the ramp.

Solvent resistant coating on the leather.

Haven't set the detectors off in ANY (over the past 6 years) airport I have worn them thru.

I own and HIGHLY recommend Ariat Cobalt Ropers. Be sure to order the Black, Style #35401 They are by far the most comforatable boots I have ever worn, and I had worn Justins for many years. Use the link above, and check out the technology used in the construction of these boots. Espcially the shank and the soles. They will not set off any metal detector anywhere, and they will survive the most severe ramp conditions of a Minnesota winter. I ordered mine by phone from the company listed below. They were most courteous, and my boots arrived in Atlanta via Priority Mail a couple of days later. The total cost including shipping was around $150.

Again, I highly recommend these boots.

Pleasant Hills Saddle Shop
16450 Kenrick Avenue
Lakeville, MN 55044
(952) 435-2555
Fax (952) 435-2733
(888) 449-4471

deer stags

try "deer stags" of sears or jc penny (sale on sat $10 off)
retails around $39.00....good shoe for comfort, light and security safe as per the little icon in the jc penny flier I got in the mail, and also the fact that they have never set off the alarm...I wear 'em....good stuff......

Latest resources

Back