• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SECURITY ALERT: Flight Crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was the inspector for PSA here in Vandalia (outskirts of Dayton). Had him on the jumpseat once. Really sad to see all the missing posters around town.

Ty Webb said:
More likely some street person who found the stuff they discarded . . . probably intentionally dumped the credit cards and stuff somewhere they could be found by some crackheads, so it ends up looking like a robbery instead of something of national security importance.
Good point!

But can you imagine asking a Fed for more ID. If it comes down to it, and something doesn't feel right I think I would. Wish me luck.

Any fed that would give you a problem about verifying his identity after this story makes mainstream is idiot. If he were to try to put your peanuts in a vice over said issue he would have his a$$ handed to him in civil court (if challenged).

As for you "thinking you would" kudos for trusting your gut. It (your gut) will never lead you astray.

All crewmembers are responsible for safety. That is a broad brush to paint with...

I asked one of our chief pilots about this a couple of years ago. Since I cant electronicly confirm the identity of a FED then I cant let him in the jumseat. No, he said, you have to let a fed in the jumpseat. Ok, but from now on I ask for DL, credit card, SS card, whatever else I can think of.

Just talked to mr. troutwines boss today in the jumpseat and he said that all of his credentials were recovered and it was a domestic problem.

If that is true, then "Troutwine's boss" ought to notify all of the repective airplines of this development . . . . . .

Just curious Ty, where did it ever say publicly that docs were stolen? If you look at the original post on this thread it states that the docs were found missing...Never publicly stated. Ableit, it is a good assumption the docs could be used for an unlawful purpose.

Troutwines "boss" stated they found them with some other paperwork that mr troutwine was working on at a location that it shouldn't have been. He wasn't specific on those details. I just asked him if there were any missing FAA credentials posing a security threat. He said no. Enough said.

Later.

Latest resources

Back