• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Sectional Book

Driver

Total Time
MMCIIV
Looking for info relating to a book we used at a former job. Roughly 11" x 11". Spiral bound.... it contained sectional info. If you know the name of this book or know where it can begotten, please reply.

p.s. sportys aint got it. and they have no clue!

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
We had the same books as well. I believe is was a requirement to do NJ trips, or at least that is what i was told. As for where we got them, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe some NJ folks can help ya out, if they in fact do carry them.

RoyBoy

Total Time
45yrs
VFR charts required to fly VFR

If you cancel IFR are you not VFR?
If in Teterboro and you accept the Dalton departure(if memory serves me correctly?) is it not a VFR departure?

Federal Aviation Regulation

Sec. 91.503

Sec. 91.503

Part 91 GENERAL OPERATING AND FLIGHT RULES​
Subpart F--Large and Turbine-Powered Multiengine Airplanes and Fractional Ownership Program Aircraft

Sec. 91.503

Flying equipment and operating information.

(a) The pilot in command of an airplane shall ensure that the following flying equipment and aeronautical charts and data, in current and appropriate form, are accessible for each flight at the pilot station of the airplane:
(1) A flashlight having at least two size "D" cells, or the equivalent, that is in good working order.
(2) A cockpit checklist containing the procedures required by paragraph (b) of this section.
(3) Pertinent aeronautical charts.
(4) For IFR, VFR over-the-top, or night operations, each pertinent navigational en route, terminal area, and approach and letdown chart.
(5) In the case of multiengine airplanes, one-engine inoperative climb performance data.
(b) Each cockpit checklist must contain the following procedures and shall be used by the flight crewmembers when operating the airplane:
(1) Before starting engines.
(2) Before takeoff.
(3) Cruise.
(4) Before landing.
(5) After landing.
(6) Stopping engines.
(7) Emergencies.
(c) Each emergency cockpit checklist procedure required by paragraph (b)(7) of this section must contain the following procedures, as appropriate:
(1) Emergency operation of fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
(2) Emergency operation of instruments and controls.
(3) Engine inoperative procedures.
(4) Any other procedures necessary for safety.
(d) The equipment, charts, and data prescribed in this section shall be used by the pilot in command and other members of the flight crew, when pertinent.

Amdt. 91-280, Eff. 11/17/2003

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
If you cancel IFR are you not VFR?
If in Teterboro and you accept the Dalton departure(if memory serves me correctly?) is it not a VFR departure?

Federal Aviation Regulation

Sec. 91.503

Sec. 91.503

Part 91 GENERAL OPERATING AND FLIGHT RULES​
Subpart F--Large and Turbine-Powered Multiengine Airplanes and Fractional Ownership Program Aircraft

Sec. 91.503

Flying equipment and operating information.

(a) The pilot in command of an airplane shall ensure that the following flying equipment and aeronautical charts and data, in current and appropriate form, are accessible for each flight at the pilot station of the airplane:
(1) A flashlight having at least two size "D" cells, or the equivalent, that is in good working order.
(2) A cockpit checklist containing the procedures required by paragraph (b) of this section.
(3) Pertinent aeronautical charts.
(4) For IFR, VFR over-the-top, or night operations, each pertinent navigational en route, terminal area, and approach and letdown chart.
(5) In the case of multiengine airplanes, one-engine inoperative climb performance data.
(b) Each cockpit checklist must contain the following procedures and shall be used by the flight crewmembers when operating the airplane:
(1) Before starting engines.
(2) Before takeoff.
(3) Cruise.
(4) Before landing.
(5) After landing.
(6) Stopping engines.
(7) Emergencies.
(c) Each emergency cockpit checklist procedure required by paragraph (b)(7) of this section must contain the following procedures, as appropriate:
(1) Emergency operation of fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
(2) Emergency operation of instruments and controls.
(3) Engine inoperative procedures.
(4) Any other procedures necessary for safety.
(d) The equipment, charts, and data prescribed in this section shall be used by the pilot in command and other members of the flight crew, when pertinent.

Amdt. 91-280, Eff. 11/17/2003

Uhmmm, what is your point???

LJ45

Total Time
well, that is why you have a DP for the Dalton Dep. :confused:

If I cancel IFR I don't need a stinkin VFR chart because I can see the airport and I shouldn't be looking at a chart at that point :rolleyes:

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
Total Time
well, that is why you have a DP for the Dalton Dep. :confused:

If I cancel IFR I don't need a stinkin VFR chart because I can see the airport and I shouldn't be looking at a chart at that point :rolleyes:

That brings up the point...you don't need a sectional for a flight within how many miles of the field? I was thinking it was 10 or 15nm.

I would think that if you cancel within 15 miles of the field, you won't need a sectional.