Secret hand shake???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

72Longhorn

I’ve been sending out resumes to every regional, and haven’t even received a phone call by mistake. I even went out and bought a fax machine, so that I can send out resumes once a day, and so far all I got is an enormous phone bill. What’s the secret hand shake guys?!?

I keep reading posts from people interviewing and getting jobs with less time than me and I’m considered a low timer. Additional, Comair, Trans States, Air Wisconsin and a bunch more are hiring like gang busters and nuttin. If anyone is willing to help, I’m accepting any sort of help here; leads, contacts, whatever!

Thanks in advance,

72Longhorn
:D

If you think people are hiring like "gangbusters"....well then I REALLY did pick the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

Hiring is moderate to slow and with the EXTENSIVE pool of furloughed 121 pilots, the "bar" is quite high.

Try to net work with any contacts you can make at job fairs and the like and keep flying!!

Good luck...

learjet

72Longhorn,

When you find out let me know. I've had resume's walked in to Comair, Air Wiskey, Pinnacle...etc and haven't heard a peep, and I've got over 1100 turbine and 575 turbine PIC. Keep plugin' along, I guess.

72Longhorn,

I would agree that having contacts at airlines and having people walk your resumes in or having letters of recommendation definetly will help you get the interview. Just about everyone I know who has recently interviewed at an airline has had someone walk in their resume or had a LOR.

Comair and Air Whiskey are hiring, but they seem to be hiring people with 2-3,000hrs with prior 121 experience.

Also, keeping current and having a current flying job seems to help.

Good luck! :cool:

Secret handshake

HAH! Will someone also tell me?

I was in the same boat as you eleven years ago, during those putrid hiring times. Plenty of people with less time than me were being interviewed and hired. My times were only somewhat less than what less than you see on the left. You have better equipment experience than me. You should be getting calls.

In my case, I believe that age discrimination played a role. I was 40 and a recent career changer. The ones who had less time were also nearly half my age.

Hiring right now may be worse than it was during the early '90s. About the only thing you can do is keep trying and stay current. Be sure to emphasize your turbine experience. Good luck with your efforts.

Latest resources

Back