Second US Airways call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wingit

After saying no to the first call a couple months ago, I just received a second call from US Airways. This time they said they knew I had said no, but have a class date on 8-27-07 and would like me to be there. Call back to accept.
What is going on here? Anyway, I'm not going, but just curious to see if anyone has accepted this. I got a good job a year and a half ago, so it was easy to say no. For those who have accepted, best of luck.

It would be great to see everybody turn them down. I hope everybody has found something better...

What's going on is that they're on their way back up the list with the final "take it or resign" offers. Letters have gone out to at least 7/99 DOH for the 8/27 recall class. They are still trying to fill 45 of the 130 recalls announced a few months ago. If I'm not mistaken they've gone down the list (from about 1000 from the bottom) and back up over 500 slots to fill less than 100 slots so far for this recall. Dismal acceptance rate. They also have pilots from the AWA pool slated for class on 8/27 for the E190, so off the street hiring has officially begun.

6/7/99 hire
Got the take it or leave it letter on 7/19/07
Leavin it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back