Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sleddriver77

Reformed Bush Pilot
Anybody (Jr. F/O's) at any of the regionals find you have the time for a part time job
to avoid the foodstamps program? Just wondering if, and what guys are doing to supplement
their incomes. (And don't say working as a man-whore, I won't believe ya.)

This has come up a bunch of times- once within the last month or so that was pretty long and good. Use the search function and you will come up with lots of good stuff for this question. I was looking at getting another job in 2003, but I found that there was enough open time to pick up at time and a half to keep me happy- I thought I might as well do what I am already good at as much as possible and time and a half adds up $ faster than the things I was looking at more seriously. If you are able to find something else you'd like to do on the side and you get fairly senior in the right seat- bid lines with a lot of days off and then trade some of your trips or days on with guys on reserve. If your company has a big reserve list that works like most (junior called first) you should be fairly safe working even on the days you are now on reserve since you should be the last reserve pilot called out.

and for the sake of human dignity, the next time a contract is on the table don't settle for anything less than you deserve. So that way the jr. FO's that come behind you won't have to look for a second job.

Latest resources

Back