• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Mar,

The rudder trim tab?

Lead Sled said:
Humm, piece of the aircraft that is edible??? Way back when I was at one of the majors they told us the the FE was on the aircraft so that the captain could have something to eat if we crashed in the wilderness. But I'm guessing that's not the correct answer.

Lead Sled
Nice guess Sled, but Mar was right. I don't know if it's still true, but the WC ball was a pea or a bean of some sort.

Sarka said:
Nice guess Sled, but Mar was right. I don't know if it's still true, but the WC ball was a pea or a bean of some sort.
And how much do you want to bet that the replacement cost was $84.35 for an FAA approved TSO'd, PMA'd fully documented bean? :)

I've got a friend building an RV-6. He'll be glad to find out that he can grow his own bean and save $84.35.

I believe this is true of all B737s

Tripower455 said:
There's a piece of wood under the carpet covering the main gear viewers on the 737-300....... Don't ask how I know!
The main gear peep-hole cover is made of wood.

We're making progress here!

So we've located wood on the 747 and 737 so far.

I somehow managed to correctly guess the edible piece. The bean? I was talking about the actual "whiskey", the alcohol, the fluid, in the compass.

And LJDRVR is very close. VERY close. In fact, I should just give it to him. The whole rudder is covered in fabric.

On the 727, it's the gear doors, the fuel dump panel door, and on the engineer panel there is a small block of wood with a paper clamp attached to it

mar said:
Urban myth or no?

I heard today that every Boeing has a piece of Seattle wood on it somewhere.

For example, the 747 has a piece of wood on the fuel jettison door that's used to prevent the door from being closed if any of the switches are positioned for dump.

Has anyone else heard this story?

Where's the wood on the 707, 727, 737, 757, 767 and 777?

And please don't tell me it's in the pilot's seat...
Mar,

My father works for Boeing Down Under. I just fired off an email to him with your q's. I told him to bounce the q's off of his buds in Seattle if he didn't know the answers.

DL_Infidel

Latest resources

Back