Seattle Corporates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sea

Lots of corp. aircraft there. Hope he has a G-V or GLEX type rating. Also at least 8000hrs. PIC and lots of over water flying.

L

mobie said:
Lots of corp. aircraft there. Hope he has a G-V or GLEX type rating. Also at least 8000hrs. PIC and lots of over water flying.

L

Vulcan just hired a B757 pilot.

Spooky 2 said:
Vulcan just hired a B757 pilot.

Hmmm, I was told (by an old drinking buddy, quite senior) that the 757 was a step-up for Global/GV/G550 (not sure what they have now) pilots in-house and they didn't really care if you were typed, had time in type, flew 757 flight test, and/or talked to god...

Except for some airline type per diem pilots.

Any insight to the background of the new hire?

And obviously I haven't bought enough drinks, nor have any "currency" in the Puget Sound pub scene. :beer: ;)

LAZYB said:
Hmmm, I was told (by an old drinking buddy, quite senior) that the 757 was a step-up for Global/GV/G550 (not sure what they have now) pilots in-house and they didn't really care if you were typed, had time in type, flew 757 flight test, and/or talked to god...

Except for some airline type per diem pilots.

Any insight to the background of the new hire?

And obviously I haven't bought enough drinks, nor have any "currency" in the Puget Sound pub scene. :beer: ;)

Early out Delta Capt. A couple of the senior B757 Capts have moved over to the Global and GV. They all wanted ratings on something that would lead them to the next job if things keep getting any worse at Vulcan. They needed someone who was ready to go out of the box so to speak. Keep in mind that he will be a SIC for at least 6 months.

There really is no such thing as a senior guy at Vulcan as when they went in-house and left TAG, they leveled the playing field and made everyone a new hire, so seniority is only in the mind of the few who can't figure it out yet.

Great group of pilots working for a totally disfucntional organization. Let me see, the company is 20 years old and only has nine emlpoyees that have been there for more than seven years. That defines Vulcan.

Spooky 2 said:
Early out Delta Capt. A couple of the senior B757 Capts have moved over to the Global and GV. They all wanted ratings on something that would lead them to the next job if things keep getting any worse at Vulcan. They needed someone who was ready to go out of the box so to speak. Keep in mind that he will be a SIC for at least 6 months.

There really is no such thing as a senior guy at Vulcan as when they went in-house and left TAG, they leveled the playing field and made everyone a new hire, so seniority is only in the mind of the few who can't figure it out yet.

Great group of pilots working for a totally disfucntional organization. Let me see, the company is 20 years old and only has nine emlpoyees that have been there for more than seven years. That defines Vulcan.

Hmmm, again...

Wow, one big happy.

Thanks for the response Spooky 2.

So how does one screw up a good deal?

LAZYB said:
So how does one screw up a good deal?

Don't know but commonly it starts with a vertically challenged Chief Pilot... ;) TC

AA717driver said:
Don't know but commonly it starts with a vertically challenged Chief Pilot... ;) TC

I remember a DO at ROK who had those qualities.

When asked what it would take to upgrade, he said "kiss the ring". Don't think he was kidding.

Didn't stay to find out.

Latest resources

Back