Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MNR

Sears, Captain, DPA

Looks like Sears is looking for a Lear 60 Captain out of DPA in Chicago. Found the information on Sears.com under careers.

I am guessing on the Lear 60 part as last time I checked that is what they were flying. They have 2 or 3 of them.

Here is the listing number Job ID: 19626BR, Position Captain, Shipping and Logistics

Last edited:
MNR said:
Looks like Sears is looking for a Lear 60 Captian out of DPA in Chicago. Found the information on Sears.com under careers.

I am guessing on the Lear 60 part as last time I checked that is what they were flying. They have 2 or 3 of them.

Here is the listing number Job ID: 19626BR, Position Captian, Shipping and Logistics
Ok, 2 times you mis-spelled Captain in this post, you also mis-spelled it in the title of the thread as well as in your profile, so I know it isn't a typo... It is spelled C-A-P-T-A-I-N... AIN (as in "Aviation International News") not IAN (as in "I'm A Numbskull")...

I would think carefully about taking a position at Sears.

The current Sears business is what remains after the rather tumultuous merger of two troubled companies, one of which was K-Mart.

Sears is controlled by ESL hedge funds, which are in turn controlled by Edward S Lampert (Disclosure: I know this fellow). Through ESL, Lampert personally controls over 50% of Sears stock.

A note about Lampert: I know someone who has flown him on one of the fracts, who says, "...he was just about the nicest PAX we've ever had on board." But that means zip in the grand scheme of things, as Lampert is an aggressive businessman determined to make a profit on the massive Sears investment.

Though K-Mart had emerged from bankruptcy, financial conditions at the surviving business are anything but stable and it may be unwise to make long term plans there, as cost-cutting has been, and continues to be, aggressive.

Last edited:
On the flip side last time I walked in a resume over there I talked to the Asst. CP. I asked him that very question. "How are things going with the merger?". His reply was that K-Mart did not have a flight dept. and that they were flying much more than ever. This was about 8 months ago. They did not have any plans to hire at that time because they were still seeing where things were going. He also mentioned the current management was very pleased with the usefulness of the flight department. Certainly this and the above should generate some good questions you can take in with you for anyone who might interview over there.

Word on the street is that "he" did go to Boeing. Other word is that Sears will be gaining another plane or so. No substantiation.TC

Yes they are still looking. I know a couple people who had quick preliminary phone interviews this week.

Latest resources

Back