Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZ Typed

Hobby's Flyin
I hear of a Jetstar FO position in SDL. Being SDL based currently, I only know of 1 Jetstar on the field at Discount Tire. Does anyone "on the inside" at SDL know if indeed it's Discount Tire looking for a Jetstar FO? Is their another Jetstar at SDL?

AZT

a few years ago, those guys came into the fbo where i was working line service. jet was immaculate, but pilots were a-holes. couple of old guys that forgot where they made their start i guess. that was 2004, never saw them again and no clue if same guys are still there.

User997 said:
That'd be one expensive airplane to operate on todays Jet A prices!

I bet they make up and save by not using their brakes.

Jetstar SDL

:)If the rumor is correct, that is the finest jetstar in the world. It was taken back to tank and plank by the owner, then made exactly as he desired. I do not know his name, but I believe he is the individual who invented the "Dial" soap line, you remember with AT7, which means many people of a younger generation will not remember that part of the advertisement. He is apparently a great guy to work for, well read, nothing to prove and a colector of some of the finest antique clocks in the world. He does not fly all that much. Have never met any of the crew or mechanics, to confirm or deny any of this, except I knew a driver for a freight company in Phoenix, who delevered a clock to the house and kind of got a small , informal tour of some of the other clocks.:)

X man said:
...I do not know his name, but I believe he is the individual who invented the "Dial" soap line...
Well, I do know for a fact that the Dial corporation does have an office building (atleast a couple years ago) in the Scottsdale Airpark, so you might be right.

I appreciate all the information. Are we confident that indeed it's NOT Discount Tire who is looking for a Jetstar pilot? If it's the "other" Jetstar hiring - does anyone have any more "inside" info on the job? Thanks guys & gals!

AZT

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back