• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scottsdale Hangar One

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't think they had an actual flight department. Thought it was strictly an FBO operation by invitation only. I have seen some shiny metal there on a regular basis, though. At least a Falcon 2000, Citation X and Gulfjet. My boss claims he received an invite to stage our airplane there but turned them down.

I hear its at least a million dollars/year to keep your jet there.

Hangar One is owned by the aire to the Campbell's soup company. I'm not sure of the fees associated with membership, but it is high. The best part of the entire facility is the car collection that is kept on site. I hear it is something to see. I have never spoken to any of the crews associated with the aircraft kept there, but I have spoken to those that are close to the owner. As I understand, it is something of a billionaire's boys club as refered to locally.

Sounds posh, fits right in the Scottsdale crowd! I have looked at the website but saw no mention of crews or aircraft owned by them.

When SDL was my home a couple years ago, the scuttlebutt was that it was a million dollars to join (I dont remember it being a yearly deal), but part of the membership privelages included getting to use any of the members jets when you wanted. Likewise, any of the members could use your jet as well. With of course the owner having priority over his own airplane.

Also, when if you wanted out of the club, you couldn't leave until you had sold your membership slot to someone else. Believe there are only 10 members at a time allowed.

And yes, the car collection is said to be something unbeliavable!

I use to do some day rate flying over there. Was very exclusive and they liked to keep things hush hush. Don't think Hanger One themselves hires pilots, thats left up to the individual owners. I will say though, the facility was as amazing as everyones heard. Truely in a class all its own.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back