Scope progress @ UAL/CAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snaab

I know there are other threads in "majors" that deal with this particular topic, but it's painful when the same 3 people just write angry posts back and forth to each other (the topic gets completely lost)...

So- is there any real progress on scope protection for the new UAL? How is the contract in general going? I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the talks/etc. aren't exactly speeding along. Just curious, thanks!

-Snaab

proposals have been swapped, I believe, but everything is being kept secret for now. no one knows what was in them.

CAL and United are still dealing with compensation issues. It sounds like UAL wants a separate rate for 747 crews. Not sure, but I believe our unions have come to an agreement on this compensation issue. I have read the union updates, but not sure what is going on. In the meantime the company has presented counter proposals to the union. Our union is not impressed with United management's proposal. I know not surprised. It is a lot of information to review so the union is very busy with it right now.

On top of everything going on. United management announced 70 seat flying out of EWR and IAH. We believe this is in violation of our current scope language. Not only that but we are in shock at how the company came to the conclusion they could do this. We are waiting for their response on this issue.

Regarding the SLI, not much to report. Seniority list are still being analyzed. Past merger cases being looked at and debating. Can't go to arbitration phase until there is a TA for the JCBA and can't start the arbitration proceedings till a JCBA is ratified.

Yup a lot is going on !

Let's also not forget, Scope is just ONE section of the contract. So much in play it's going to take a while to sort it out. Patience, we have time on our side. No need to rush into this JCBA.

Supposedly, the UAL MEC has asked for the top 400-500 pilots be reserved for UAL pilots only and then all other pilots merged with relative senority.

Supposedly, the UAL MEC has asked for the top 400-500 pilots be reserved for UAL pilots only and then all other pilots merged with relative senority.

How about an "early out" buyout for them ...something fair of course, and move on. I am sure that if it was something reasonable 400-500 would take it.

really? didn't NWA try this, or do this ? I don't understand how they can justify this.

Stop with the bulls#*t. They are still verifying the lists and haven't gotten to any requests yet. You guys love to paint the UAL pilots as evil. Get a life.

How about an "early out" buyout for them ...something fair of course, and move on. I am sure that if it was something reasonable 400-500 would take it.

How about they all just leave cuz their old!! I know, wishful thinking. I've read that a "buy out" is not going to be offered. I doubt the company cares if or when these guys leave and since many will be heading for the exit (65) in the next 24 months so the company isn't compelled to pay them cash to leave....

I'm sure the MEC's will sort Section 3 out and move forward but the company seems to be setting up for a protracted negotiating schedule. I don't think they're in a hurry and I don't see why we should be either. Particularly, CAL pilots could probably stand another 18 months of growth aircraft and movement to ensure a JCBA that has large improvements in every section.

News will be forthcoming by the end of the week.

I call major BS on that rumor. Anyone half way informed knows the SLI hasn't even been discussed. The negotiation on the SLI will not begin in earnest until the JCBA has a TA.

Next.

Latest resources

Back