Scope at ual/cal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLARKGRSWOLD

A question... I have heard many folks say, we are getting our routes back, we are fixing scope to get the RJ's over at mainline ? Is this accurate ? I mean, you can't take an airbus to every current RJ route.

So my question is.. Where do you get these RJ'S from that you want on "your" property ? Does CAL/UAL go buy more ? Or do they simply just take them from the Regionals ? Because there are a few regional carriers, that have there own scope clause, which states the pilots go with the planes. PERIOD.

I feel like all of US back pack wearing, ipod listening, "kids in jets" want all the RJ'S gone now, so we can look forward to somewhat better career at a "legacy"

A question... I have heard many folks say, we are getting our routes back, we are fixing scope to get the RJ's over at mainline ? Is this accurate ? I mean, you can't take an airbus to every current RJ route.

So my question is.. Where do you get these RJ'S from that you want on "your" property ? Does CAL/UAL go buy more ? Or do they simply just take them from the Regionals ? Because there are a few regional carriers, that have there own scope clause, which states the pilots go with the planes. PERIOD.

I feel like all of US back pack wearing, ipod listening, "kids in jets" want all the RJ'S gone now, so we can look forward to somewhat better career at a "legacy"

Your pilots are not coming with your planes, furloughed pilots didn't come with the routes given to them...PERIOD! If mainline does aquire your RJ's you all have to get in line behind ALL FURLOUGHED pilots, fill out your application and wait for the phone call, pass, and then come on over! But remember any deals your pilots are on the bottom, and if some get furloughed, too bad, as I was once told by arrogant P%^*$ captain, furloughs build character!!!

Um, you can't just take "our" planes, it does not work like that, sure you can have them, but our ALPA contract scope clause clearly states, the planes and the pilots go together. You can take our planes, and I will gladly go to the bottom of your list, as thats where I belong.

Your pilots are not coming with your planes, furloughed pilots didn't come with the routes given to them...PERIOD! If mainline does aquire your RJ's you all have to get in line behind ALL FURLOUGHED pilots, fill out your application and wait for the phone call, pass, and then come on over! But remember any deals your pilots are on the bottom, and if some get furloughed, too bad, as I was once told by arrogant P%^*$ captain, furloughs build character!!!

Amen!
:beer:

Actually SKW took quite a few furloughed UAL with the first 70 seaters, as that was part of the deal UA ALPA set up when they relaxed scope and from what I hear more are welcome to come over.
But lets not let facts get in the way of good RJ bash!

Um, you can't just take "our" planes, it does not work like that, sure you can have them, but our ALPA contract scope clause clearly states, the planes and the pilots go together. You can take our planes, and I will gladly go to the bottom of your list, as thats where I belong.

The planes that are leased to the regional from the major could just be taken back by not renewing the leases. The other planes that the regionals own and that then don't have any flying will be losing money quickly. I see them wanting to dump those planes quickly if they aren't flying. In comes a third party aircraft leasing company that will buy them. Then the pilots can go to the leasing company, which doesn't fly the planes. Lastly the leasing company sends them to the majors, with no pilots attached. Boy that was hard, I'm not even in management and could come up with that one. Imagine what crazy scheme a management type will come up with.

"United we stand, divided we fall" comes to mind. It's rather amazing that the bashing continues unabated.

"United we stand, divided we fall" comes to mind. It's rather amazing that the bashing continues unabated.

While there may be some folks out there that are speaking only out of hostility towards the regional industry, I think most are just speaking realistically about where the industry might be headed. The regional industry could see some very very big changes if our next contract caps scope and then slowly pulls it back down. That is just a fact, and when the facts hurt, so be it. The regional industry for the most part (not all of course) has seen pretty solid movement in the positive direction over the past 8 years. It may be a tough wakeup call for them that they also are not immune to the downside of this industry as a whole. I don't wish anything bad for the pilots of these companies, but if it is the difference between them doing CAL/UAL flying, or CAL and UAL pilots doing that flying, that is a no-brainer.

Latest resources

Back