Scientists support breaking wind on the airplane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

"On the one hand, if the pilot restrains a fart, all the drawbacks previously mentioned, including impaired concentration, may affect his abilities to control the plane," they said. "On the other hand, if he lets go of the fart, his co-pilot may be affected by its odour, which again reduces safety onboard the flight."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...wind-airplane-article-1.1265744#ixzz37HzeTpxG

"On the one hand, if the pilot restrains a fart, all the drawbacks previously mentioned, including impaired concentration, may affect his abilities to control the plane," they said. "On the other hand, if he lets go of the fart, his co-pilot may be affected by its odour, which again reduces safety onboard the flight."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...wind-airplane-article-1.1265744#ixzz37HzeTpxG

Choices, choices. What to do, what to do? On the one hand, but on the other..

Is there any truth to the stories that charcoal lined underwear mitigates the odor associated with flatulence?

I once had to land a Cobra because I was overcome by the odor emitted by a crew chief in the front seat with kimchi gas. Opened the canopy and puked down the side of the airframe and onto the dirt near Twentynine Palms. Then I had to deal with the smell of puke and kimchi gas.

Ought to be a law or something.....

That makes sense, you'd need to have dementia or a stroke to want to get a snootful of Captain Burrito's a$$-breeze.

Latest resources

Back