Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scott's girl

SCHOLARSHIP SET UP TO HONOR COLGAN PILOT

My name is Lisa and I am Scott Knabe’s girlfriend. Scott, along with Steven Dean were the two pilots involved in the fatal plane crash in Hyannis, MA on August 26, 2003. As a tribute to Scott, a scholarship has been established in his name at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College in Cincinnati, OH.

Scott had earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Ohio State University, but he was not the type of person to sit still at a desk job and let life pass him by.

In the early 1990s, Scott attended evening classes at Cincinnati State in the Aviation Maintenance program and graduated in 1996 with his Airframe and Powerplant Technician certification. After completing his education, he worked as a licensed A & P mechanic for an aircraft engine company in Cincinnati. He enjoyed getting his hands dirty working on planes and flying them too. He followed his dream for flying. Scott earned the following pilot licenses: Airline Transport Pilot, Airplane Multi-Engine Land, Seaplane, and the type rating for BE-1900.

In the late 1990s, he worked as a pilot for the State of Kentucky Division of Forestry, spotting forest fires throughout Kentucky, and later as a multi-engine pilot for an engineering firm in Everett, WA performing aerial surveys all over the United States.

In July 2001, Scott was hired by Colgan Air/U.S. Airways Express as a First Officer. In January 2003, he was upgraded to Captain.

The Scott A. Knabe Aviation Scholarship will assist students in the Aviation program at Cincinnati State who have the same ambition and desire that Scott had to obtain his Airframe and Powerplant license and to become a professional pilot.

If you would like to make a contribution in memory of Scott, please send your donation to the address below. Checks should be made payable to the Cincinnati State Foundation.
Please write Scott A. Knabe Scholarship Fund on the memo line of your check.

SCOTT A. KNABE AVIATION SCHOLARSHIP
CINCINNATI STATE FOUNDATION
3520 CENTRAL PARKWAY
CINCINNATI OH 45223-2690

If you have any questions, you may send a private message to me through this website.

Thank you.

Lisa

Stevesis
bump is just typed in to get the thread back up to the top so everyone sees it.

Nah man today was an off day. I did just get back from Vegas this afternoon though. Then its off to wonderfull ITH in a few days.

How was Vegas? Did you leave some of your hard earned money behind?

ITH is a cool base.. Great people up there!! I hand delivered them 129CJ last night, so they might be so nice anymore..

129CJ huh? Nice way to start a new base.....they can get used to plenty more of that crap. Was that the one with two different color engine cowlings?

Vegas baby

Vegas was good to me man. I actually left there up $87. The guy I went with left down $1300 so he left enough for both of us. So 129CJ is in ITH well hopefully its gone before the morning shift on monday then cause thats when I gotta fly.

Latest resources

Back