Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Danny040

Hey guys and gals,

Hate to bother you, but would like some advice. I have been put in charge of selecting a new scheduling software for our department and wanted to get some of your thoughts on the leading brands. We are currently flying one airplane with 3 pilots. All we are looking for is something that is very easy and fast to load with good visibility as we have a whole package for approvals and aircraft documentation. All we are really looking for is a basic module that tracks crews and reminders for training, medicals, maybe a logbook. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Jeff

We use PFM and it seems that it dates back to the Jurassic period in terms of performance. I have no experience with other types, but I would hope there are better alternatives. I'm hoping someone a bit more seasoned can chime in as I've been looking for an alternative for a while.

exactly

At the last flight department I worked for we used PFM as well and it was soooo slow. It also had so much info we didn't use - thanks for the reply

Bart Seagil, Flightpak, CTA-fos, are some of the bigger names that come to mind. Bear in mind that fully loaded (all the modules such as mx tracking etc) can run upwards of $20,000. Most of these companies allow you to select certain modules for your companies need.
I also heard NavPak has an inexpensive software program but I have no knowledge of it. The first 3 are all good.

Our small outfit reviewed a few of the pay-for products, and settled on the free Google calendar. Not aviation specific, but so far it's covered our needs for an online company schedule.

We currently use a very sophisticated, highly technical method of a poster board layout and post it notes... Hopefully we'll be updating it soon to cave drawing or a dry erase board!

Just switched to FOS...it is working really well for us so far over flightpak-at least that's what dispatch says...as a line pilot, my trips and schedule are just as fubar'd as before. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back