Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scheduling discriminates because I am male..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SFR

Pilot Guy
I have kept track over the last 3 months of who I talk to in crew scheduling when I call to get released.

Out of 34 calls, I have been released 15 times. Out of those 15 times, 14 have been by a male crew scheduler.

Ii is obvious that the female schedulers do not release pilots as much as male ones.

Why is that? Is it because I am male? Do I have grounds for a discrimination law suit, or a leisure suit?

Thanks,

Sebd

I have kept track over the last 3 months of who I talk to in crew scheduling when I call to get released.

Out of 34 calls, I have been released 15 times. Out of those 15 times, 14 have been by a male crew scheduler.

Ii is obvious that the female schedulers do not release pilots as much as male ones.

Why is that? Is it because I am male? Do I have grounds for a discrimination law suit, or a leisure suit?

Thanks,

Sebd

Maybe they're more male schedulers. What percent of the times you did NOT get released were you speaking to a male scheduler?

I really don't know what to make of your comment as 90% (made that figure up - but it's close I'm sure) of pilots are male. Have you compared notes with other pilots at your airline?

Maybe word got around about you in particular, with the ladies?!? :confused:

Yes, I have compared notes. Not many male schedulers. I have gotten to the point that if a female one picks up...I hang up and call back.

It is true. I have found this to be the case with a lot of females. They ususally take their jobs too serious because they feel they need to in order to keep up with men. In reality they don't need to try harder, especially if they are hot.

It is true. I have found this to be the case with a lot of females. They ususally take their jobs too serious because they feel they need to in order to keep up with men. In reality they don't need to try harder, especially if they are hot.

I was actually going to suggest something similar. Some females really like to be c**kblockers, in the sense that yes, they think they're equally important in their role or try to qualifiy their importance (they really think pilots have egos and this is the only way to get even or back at their status) by denying things or making things out to be worse than they really are.

FYI the AM staff is female and the PM staff is male. If you are calling to be released before 2pm the chances are not good and you will most likely be talking to a female. If you call to be realesed in the evening you will be talking to a guy and your chances are better. This has nothing to do with gender of the scheduler it has to do with when you call scheduling.

Latest resources

Back