Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Edmo

I have been working for a company that has a posted schedule for captain and first officer, 14/14 and 20/10 respectively. As a newly upgraded captain, I have a training contract for a year that says nothing about a set schedule. Pre-employment this is the schedule that was advertised and so far has not been adhered to. Do i have a right to push the subject with the management or can I reasonably be fired for expressing the need for a schedule? Due to family life and stuff I can't imagine this to be true although I've been threatened as much...all input is appreciated.

-E

The words schedule and 135 do not go together. I've been on a schedule for 9 years now, its show up when we call you, what do you mean you are not at home with your bags packed????? you should always have a bag in your car..... get here as fast as you can!!!!!!!!

because everybody is not lucky enough to get a job at netjets.

that has nothing to do with it, they got an 18 day.

im just saying by accepting that job your only hurting yourself and everyone else in the industry. As long as people work those schedules for crappy pay, then there is no point in bitchin about how bad the industry is.

The decent operators do throw you a few hard days off each month, with the option of working those days for extra pay.
Never seen a mom a pop charter operator with 14 hard days off each month.
I am with a local charter operator and not complaining about it. I actually enjoy it, and do not have to commute on the airlines.

It is hard to find those nice set schedule 135 gigs nowadays. The company I was at for 7 years was we will call you the night before your trip, it could be 1 day, it could be 10days. You never knew what your schedule was going to be. That is why I left, ability to plan my life, have a schedule ect, and that was by going to a regional.

Latest resources

Back