Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
saviboy said:
but thanks for willing to help anyway.

I answered your question via return PM in another forum several days ago - check them and you'll see. And you're welcome ;).

~wheelsup

masedogg19 said:
Lots of back to back 3 days in PHL....I think I'm gonna bid reserve instead.....

Hey, wait a minute, i am PHL RSV now. If enough senior people bid RSV, that'll force me to hold one of those crappy hard lines!!!! No fair, I'll just sit here and hold my breath!!!! Nya Nya!!!!!

Yeah i just looked over the lines, they remind me of a vaccum cleaner, they s*ck!

masedogg19 said:
We were told that the lines were going to be getting better, but they kind of look like they got worse in April. Not really sure what that's all about.....
The lines for April have taken a sudden turn for the worse.

Two 3 day trips back to back not commutable at either end. Two day trips not commutable at either end. Days off not commutable at either end. Mostly 12 days off.

My belief is the company is retaliating against us for refusing their offer of B-scale wages.

Just finished bidding....Stuck about 4 RSV lines in the middle....honestly wouldn't mind if I got them either.....they will be better than a lot of the lines....and I will have weekends off....

Time for bed....5:15 show tomorrow...........

Wheelsup, iam sorry, i just got your message. i posted the same thing on so many discussion boards that it took me ten minutes to remember which one i used :laugh:. was it allregionals,jetcareers,or airlinepilotcentral?..f....!
Am i right, though about the fact that you can have a better schedule depending on the base?
also, awac owns 14% of us airways. does that mean that AWAC cannot be outbidded on their flying by other airlines? will it favor growth?

Last edited:
logolight said:
My belief is the company is retaliating against us for refusing their offer of B-scale wages.

That's fine... let them enjoy the record number of sick calls coming their way... Springtime is a great time to be sick.

saviboy said:
Am i right, though about the fact that you can have a better schedule depending on the base?
also, awac owns 14% of us airways. does that mean that AWAC cannot be outbidded on their flying by other airlines? will it favor growth?

I think all the schedules aren't so hot, but I don't know for sure because I don't pay attention to the DCA and PHL schedules, but hear a lot of complaining, so my guess is they aren't very good either.

I don't think owning some of US Air (AWAC doesn't really own it, a holding company affiliated with AWAC does) will further our growth. The owners have said that they don't want any 70 seaters, so those are out. 90 seaters are (thankfully) being scoped out by the majors, so it's my guess we'll be a 70 RJ fleet for the forseeable future.

ok
thanks for all the answers.
I have just been told by my chief pilot that as soon as I get my atp (2-300 more hours) they are gonna start training for an upgrade in the light turboprop we fly ( 121 ops). I already had my interview set up with AWAC in february but now I am considering getting the turbine 121 pic time for at least 1000 hrs and then if I need jet time to make myself more competitive I could always be hired for a regional.
my question is : would a regional ( especially like AWAC who sometimes said that they were a career destination) hire a guy with say 2500tt and 1000 turbine pic knowing that the guy is probably already looking at getting hired by a major.
It sounds confusing but the question i keep asking myself is :if I cant get this dream job at a major airline would I rather be stuck at my company which has no benefits , terrible pay, good QOL, 121 light turboprop, or stuck at air wis
with decent pay and contract with an upgrade in a jet after 3-4 years.
Another point to consider is that 2500tt is not generally enough to get a job at a major nowadays and I would have to stay at my company 2-3 years to get about 3-4000 hours: cant do that, conditions are too bad.

saviboy said:
my question is : would a regional ( especially like AWAC who sometimes said that they were a career destination) hire a guy with say 2500tt and 1000 turbine pic knowing that the guy is probably already looking at getting hired by a major.

There was a guy with just over 1000 TPIC and 3000 TT of 1900 time in my class, so they don't mind if you have some experience.

ATP, Part 121 CA and no benies? Where is this? Is it even in the states? I even had benefits as a CFI (not too bad either). If I were you I'd get out ASAP - not having insurance is like playing with fire IMO.

Don't mean to piss in your cheerios but what major do you think your going to go to with a measly 1000 hours of T-prop PIC? The industry is full of RJ captains with thousands of hours of jet PIC. From what I have seen the guys getting hired are in the 6-7000 hour total time range with around 2500-3000 part 121 PIC.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back