• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dedazo

What are the schedules like at Airtran

Is it 4 on 3 off or 3 on 4 off?

How many days of per month and what is the average hours working?

How long to get off reserve?

How many duty hours per day average?

Like everywhere else, how long you sit reserve depends on how many come in behind you & how quickly they get there. You can expect approximately the bottom 10 - 12% to sit reserve. For our new hire class (started mid-Apr 07), most of the class sat reserve 4-6 months (on both the 71 & 73). Some of us were lucky to get build-up lines earlier at the 4 month point. Almost everyone from our class will get a hard line in Feb. When sitting reserve, you get a 70 hour guarantee & have 10 or 11 days off (depends on month having 30 or 31 days). Based on current contract you'll get credit for more than 70 hours when you fly. I averaged 85 - 95 hours of pay, with the busy season hitting up to 115 hours of credit per month.

As for hard & build-up lines, all bets are off for intergration. You could work 1 day or 5 straight. After that, you could have any combination of trips (with the exception of standups). There are 1, 2, 3, & 4 day trips. Some back to back, some with nice gaps between, & some have an even flow. The lines average anywhere from min (70 hours) up to 90+ hours. This month I have a line with1 x 1 day, 2 x 3 days & 2 x 4 days for 80 hours. I could have gotten more hours, but QOL is a factor for me. These standups (CDOs) I mentioned are for the min of 70 hours & you fly the the last flight out, get a few hours of rest in a hotel, & bring the first flight back (all while on duty). Some local guys like these. If you are on the 73, we also have red-eyes back from the west coast.

Latest resources

Back