Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

B1900FO

Hey all,

Does anyone know if any regional airlines allow their pilots to bid a minimum schedule of 30 hours a month or so?

Thanks in advance...

-B1900FO

You mean to fly at least 30 hrs a month? If hold a line you'll fly more than twice that.

Reduced schedule is a much better description of what I mean.

In other words, there is a minimum number of hours you may bid, and still hold a job.

Yes it's called a reserve line... but that's a crapshoot as far as how much you'll be worked.

In other words, there is a minimum number of hours you may bid, and still hold a job.

Unlikely, remember the company has a certain amount of sunk costs in training and re-training you, benefits etc. For every hour you don't fly they have to have somebody else to fly that hour with their associated sunk cost.

For just one person - well the math looks fine, every other pilot picks up an hour and it's all okey-dokey, but once it becomes more than a couple of pilots money starts to be an issue.

Thanks guys!

I have a friend at United who says its possilbe to drop down to 50 hours a month and still keep his job, which he fully intends to do once his business is up and running.

Any thoughts?

-B1900FO

Thanks guys!

I have a friend at United who says its possilbe to drop down to 50 hours a month and still keep his job, which he fully intends to do once his business is up and running.

Any thoughts?

-B1900FO
Yeah, work for United

30 hours a month? You need a corporate job. And the pay will be hellva lot more than at a regional carrier flying a reduced schedule.

62 at SKW. You can go below that by using personal time/vacation, but obviously you wouldn't earn enough vacation to drop to 30 hours every month.

Latest resources

Back