Schedule at EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Loomis

Was wondering if I could bother a few of the EJ guys with a question about your schedules? Was curious if the 7 & 7 schedule is the one everyone strives for? How is it determined who gets it? Senority? Also is it possible to get hired into the 7 & 7? Thanks guys.

Loomis,

Not everyone wants the 7/7, but it is very popular. The 7 day schedule is bid based on seniority and it is available to a minimum of 50% of available crews in each aircraft type. Basically, the top 50% of F/Os and top 50% of Captains. Everyone is hired onto the 17 day schedule until their seniority allows the 7/7 bid.

Scheduled 17 days/month. Generally (2) six day tours and (1) five day tour. MINIMUM 2 days off after 5 on, OR 3 off after six on.

Does the company only require you to airline deadhead on your days "on"? IOW, do they have to get you back to your gateway by midnite on your last day on? And do they have to wait 'till your first day on to fly you out of your gateway?

And finally, does anyone ever actually start or finish their trip in their gateway airport?

yes, they must get you back to your gateway by midnight of your last duty day. if they don't schedule you back by midnight, you get two "extend" days - either two paid days, or one paid and one comp. if the airline is late and you arrive after midnight, you get one day.

yes, they wait until your first duty day to airline out.

yes, people do start and end their tours at their gateway occasionally. however, the schedulers don't usually look at where you are, they just send people all over the place when someone closer could have covered the trip.
likewise, you may drive right past the plane on the way to make an airline at your gateway. for example, i met a guy on the road the other day who lives near burlington vt. he drove a few hours south to hartford (bdl) his gateway. he caught a $500 airline flight connecting in ewr and then back north to burlington to meet his plane. he could have driven 30 minutes to burlington to meet his plane, but eja won't do it that way.

bizjet737 said:
...the schedulers don't usually look at where you are, they just send people all over the place when someone closer could have covered the trip.
likewise, you may drive right past the plane on the way to make an airline at your gateway. for example, i met a guy on the road the other day who lives near burlington vt. he drove a few hours south to hartford (bdl) his gateway. he caught a $500 airline flight connecting in ewr and then back north to burlington to meet his plane. he could have driven 30 minutes to burlington to meet his plane, but eja won't do it that way.

That's the first thing I've seen about EJA that reminds me of my airline (US Airways).

Try fracstats.com

One of the members of the EJA MEC did a great job of comparing fractionals against themselves, airlines and corporations.
Schedule, pay and benefits are all compared against each other.
Fracstats.com will answer much of your questions

Latest resources

Back