Schedule at Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pal

About how long would it be for a new hire to hold a line in ORF. What about "continuous duty overnights" (DH used to call them "standups")?

I understand 12 days off minimum. What are the average days off for ORF lines?

Is 100 hours pay a month possible? It was easy to do at my prior company, even on Reserve, due to applicable work rules.

Thanks in advance.

Captain lines for February average 13 days off. Don't count on it though. Junior manning is rampant (although you aren't required to accept a junior man if you are unavailable). ORF is the junior domicile for Capt.s and FOs. Right now you are a line holder in about 3 months at ORF (FOs). I sat reserve last month and will credit 120 hours pay so 100 hours credit shouldn't be too hard. We are junior manning FOs as well. Just not as frequently as captains. Attrition is still high with rapid advancement for newhires. There are much worse places too be...the only obviously better ones require 1000 hours of PIC turbine. I still like it here after 5 years if that matters.

AWACoff

pal said:
About how long would it be for a new hire to hold a line in ORF. What about "continuous duty overnights" (DH used to call them "standups")?

I understand 12 days off minimum. What are the average days off for ORF lines?

Is 100 hours pay a month possible? It was easy to do at my prior company, even on Reserve, due to applicable work rules.

Thanks in advance.
I've been based in ORF since Nov. 1 (when it opened). I finished OE on Nov. 22, and have been in ORF on reserve since Dec. 1st. I will be 3 from a line holder in Feb, and will be a line holder March 1st. I would imagine time on reserve will go down in the next few months as they hire 50/people a month for the first few months of 2006.

As far as crediting 100 hours+, it would be hard in ORF unless you picked up open time. AWACoff might be a captain, and in which case he/she gets time and a half for Junior Man's, so that might be how he/she can get 120 credit hours. I've flown about half of my reserve days so far, but only get 2-3 days off in between my reserve sequence most of the time so it's hard to pick up open time. Plus, most of the open time is out of PHL anyway.

Plan to live in base, or your life will suck (IMO) commuting to ORF. It sounds like you do plan to live/move there if hired, however. It's a little $$ but it's a nice place to live IMO.

Oh, and it really doesn't matter how senior you are when bidding comes. It seems all the FO lines are almost all the same for the most part.

~wheelsup

I told the wannabees' on this board a year ago to go to AWAC for the quick climb up the seniority ladder. It's still not too late, and when the dust settles....I think it's going to be pretty sweet for you guys.

I interviewed, finally, last week. I am waiting to hear back from Air Whiskey. I commuted for FLYI , so commuting was never a problem for me. I'll commute wherever I go.

wheelsup said:
AWACoff might be a captain, and in which case he/she gets time and a half for Junior Man's, so that might be how he/she can get 120 credit hours. ~wheelsup

FO's get time and a half also and with how they are now JMing fo's I wouldn't be surprised if you get more credit.

I am about six spots from the most junior captain and they call me almost every day to ask if I would like to pick up time. We need to hire a lot of people right now. If I were a new guy I would want to get picked up here. The lines hopefully will get better once we have our whole fleet transitioned, and we have one of the top contracts in the regional industry. good luck to all.

DD

I interviewed last week, I am hoping for the call soon! lots of furloughed guys are interviewing from Mesaba, Comair and Indy, so it looks like they are getting alot of excelent talent from the other airlines. its looking like the best place to be right now.
fingers crossed

how to get ya dollas at Air Willy

As an FO you can easily pick up work on your days off to credit over 100 hrs. This month my line was 82 hrs credit, but picked up 4 extra days and now credit is 120. Only nine days off, but gotta make the dollas to pay for Christmas. You just have to look at the open time and find the best pay with the least amount of work. I will fly 97 hours, but get paid for an extra 25 hrs. True there is not a lot of open time is not in ORF, but there is/was lots out of IAD and DCA. Commuting is commuting, no matter what it sucks and you lose precious hours at home, but if it makes you happy to be wherever home is rock on, but don't complain to everyone about it because it is still our choice to do it.

SiouxHockeyFan said:
but don't complain to everyone about it because it is still our choice to do it.

But it isn't our choice to have the company open a base only to close it a year and half later... (IAD & ATL) So we should just uproot our families eveytime the three amigos decide we should move? It's not as simple as you make it sound.

Latest resources

Back